CHAPTER FIVE

Alexa smiled politely at people as we strode near Tiger Territory

Alexa smiled politely at people as we strode near Tiger Territory. Her eyes lit up upon seeing excitable Sumatran cubs rolling in the dirt whilst the mother, throned majestically on peaks of rocky mountains in the summit of deciduous trees, sank razor-sharp teeth into chunks of raw, bloody meat.

"They are so cute and fluffy. I want one." Her fingers splayed on the transparent floor-to-ceiling glass window. "Dominic is missing all of the fun."

"Fun?" I barked out a laugh. "The smell of gorilla shit is your idea of fun, huh?"

"Oh, behave." Alexa jabbed me in the ribs with her elbow. "If it were left to you, Dominic would have spent the entire day at the estate, running amok in his nappy."

"The boy is a nudist at heart," Mabel said in amusement. "I have to button up his sleepsuits at the back to prevent any mishaps. He strips out his clothes quicker than I can get him dressed."

It's damn foolish that I beamed with pride.

"Nothing wrong with sleeping naked." Biting open a tube of sherbet, I poured sugary goodness down my throat, the crystal-like grains sticking to the roof of my mouth. "Lads need room to fly about." My eyes dipped down to my cotton-clad cock. "If you know what I mean."

Alexa glimpsed at my crotch, then at Dominic sleeping peacefully in the safety of his pushchair. "He is too young to be flying anywhere."

"You are a woman." I trashed the sherbet tube in a nearby bin. "You have no right to comment on the struggles of colossal phalluses."

"Brad's right," Nate, of course, agreed, and her eyes rolled at our unspoken bond of agreeableness, no matter the topic. "Sometimes, we just need a bit of freedom down there."

"I suppose the same rule should apply to females," Alexa countered, and even though I did not understand her logic, as it was perfectly illogical, I would never complain about gorgeous women falling into bed completely starkers. "If nakedness is excused for the man, then it should be excused for the woman." Her eyebrow curved as she looked up at me. "Wouldn't you agree?"

I will not be lynched by the feminazi. I will plunge them into next week with all of the misogynistic grotesqueries of our world. "Do not start with all the feminist bullshit."

Alexa is itching to lamp me over the head. I can see it. "One of us has to speak out for women's rights."

"You have a vagina," I punctuated every syllable to get the message across effectively. "There is a huge difference."

"Brad has a point." Nate scratched his chin with ring-laden fingers, the solid gold curb bracelets around his wrist clanking. "He ain't saying that you can't go to bed naked, just that you ain't got shit to tuck away each morning."

"Actually," Alexa said with a smug smile. "My breasts have gone up two cup sizes since I got pregnant. I have to tuck those babies into a support bra every morning now. Gone are the days of flaunting non-existent boobs. Hello to busty bikini hours by the swimming pool."