Chapter Twelve

"Do you like me? If yes then meet me after school on the football field."

"Wait! He came to school?" Kate thought to herself and looked around the class.

But he isn't here.

"If he's in school how come I didn't see him!"

The whole day she searched for John in the whole school campus, but she didn't find him.

Her classes soon ended.

"John is probably waiting for me on the field" Kate thought. She quickly arranged her stuff and rushed outside.

"John?" Kate called when she reached her destination.

Yet, it was quite.

"Kate." She heard a soft voice behind her. She saw John exiting the door.

John's black brownish hair looked lighter because of the sun. He was in his sports clothes which exposed his skinny lims. He looked pretty thin and weak than usual.

"Hi!" Kate smiled wide when she saw the boy. John quickly approached her.

Both fell silent.

One looked down at his feet and flustered red while the other just stood there and admired.

"You look cute when you blush." Kate commented and gave a lopsided grin.

"You look beautiful when you smile." John finally spoke building up some courage.

"Well, do you want some ice cream? My treat!" John chirped.

"Sure!" Kate smiled at the shy boy infront of her.

Soon they left their campus. There was an ice cream parlor near their school. It hardly took them ten minutes to arrive.

"Which one would you like to have?" John turned to Kate who was already staring at him.

"Um-sorry! I'll have one butterscotch ice cream." Kate replied biting her lip embarrassedly as she got caught staring.

Soon they received their ice cream and sat under a tree. There they talled about each others interest, shared their embarrassing moments from the past and so much more. They spent a good time together and enjoyed each other's company.