Chapter 2 - Very late!

Next day..
Arnav walked out of his room staring randomly to his mansion. Few years back, this place was home for him but now it feels so strange to be here, to talk with his family who has been treating him like he's a stranger, to have Khushi here but not as his wife.. but NK's. He gulped down his tears again and continued his walk when a little boy walking exactly in his style was coming from opposite side.

Avish furrowed his brows seeing Arnav coming from other side, he stomped his feet on the floor walking angrily towards him.

Arnav kneeled down when Avish came face to face with him.

Avish stood in front of him and raised his one eyebrow perfectly like Arnav and crossed his tiny arms, "What?"

Arnav chuckled in astonishment, is it a dream or this boy is a carbon copy of himself? Why does he see himself in Avish? Why does he feel a heart connection with these two kids? Is it because they're Khushi's kids?

"What's your name?" he asked to Avish who stood there with angry expressions.

"Avish.." Avish replied with attitude.

"I am.." Arnav was cut off by Avish.

"I know.. Alnav Shing Laizada.." Avish shrugged with not interested in talking with you look.

"Who told you about me?" Arnav asked raising his brows.

"I heald that you ale vely shmalt (smart) and shalp (sharp) but leality (reality) is vely diffelent.." Avish said sarcastically, "Alen't you my Daddy's coushin blothel (brother)? Alen't you Anjali bua's blothel? Alen't you my Pal (par) Dadi's glandshon (grandson)? Alen't you thish houshe's ownel? Shtill you ashk me thish queshtion? Like shelioushly! Unbelievable man!!!" Avish rolled his eyes muttering a sarcastic LOL.

"Avish!" both heard a stern voice coming from behind.

Khushi walked towards them and stood beside Avish, staring sternly at him: Is this how I taught you to speak with elders?

"I heald in TV that ASL nevel gets old, he ish alwaysh young sho I thought he'sh of my age.." he gave a toothy smile to his mother, "Alsho he ashks many questionsh people of my age ashk Amma.. he ashked who told me about him? We ale living in hish houshe with hish family membels sho it's sho obvioush and cleal (clear) and not wolth (worth) to be a queshtion to thlow at shomeone so intelligent like me!!!" he put his hands on his hips staring at his mother sighing hard.

Khushi let out a tired sigh, "Tum to ekdum Chote.."

"Chote NK!" Avish shouted reminding his mother that she's not supposed to call him Chote Laad governor in front of Arnav.

"Yeah right.. apne Daddy pe gaye ho (You're like your father)" Khushi nodded her head.

"He's definitely not like NK.." Arnav voiced out his opinion raising his brows suspiciously, "He reminds me of.."

"Youl glandfathel? (Your grandfather?)" Avish asked.

"Avish!" Khushi glared at him, "Behave yourself.."

Avish sent a flying kiss to her and went running from there.

Arnav watched him with a smile playing on his lips, "He reminds me of myself!"

Khushi stare at him, "I'm thankful that NK is their Daddy, otherwise you wouldn't mind to abandon your kids when situations aren't in your favor, right? Just like you abandoned me when you thought my mother was responsible for your mother's suicide?"

Arnav stood up and stare at Khushi with tears flowing from his eyes: Is.. everything over.. between us?

Khushi looked away, "You ended everything six years back!"