Janelle Lelin and the Two Hairy Horses

JANELLE LELIN AND THE TWO HAIRY HORSES
A Fairy Tale
by A.C STORYRICH

Once upon a time there was a Fantastic girl called Janelle Lelin. She was on the way to see her Aunt Mrs Jannette, when she decided to take a short cut through Keithring Forest.

It wasn't long before Janelle got lost. She looked around, but all she could see were trees. Nervously, she felt into her bag for her favourite toy, Mr.Fluff, but Mr.Fluff was nowhere to be found! Janelle began to panic. She felt sure she had packed Mr.Fluff. To make matters worse, she was starting to feel hungry.

Unexpectedly, she saw a Hairy horse dressed in a Pink Jacket disappearing into the trees.

"How odd!" thought Janelle.

For the want of anything better to do, she decided to follow the peculiarly dressed horse. Perhaps it could tell him the way out of the forest.

Eventually, Janelle reached a clearing. In the clearing were three houses, one made from Carrot, one made from Burger and one made from Popcorn.

Janelle could feel her tummy rumbling. Looking at the houses did nothing to ease her hunger.

"Hello!" she called. "Is anybody there?"

Nobody replied.

Janelle looked at the roof on the closest house and wondered if it would be rude to eat somebody else's chimney. Obviously it would be impolite to eat a whole house, but perhaps it would be considered acceptable to nibble the odd fixture or lick the odd fitting, in a time of need.

A cackle broke through the air, giving Janelle a fright. A witch jumped into the space in front of the houses. She was carrying a cage. In that cage was Mr.Fluff!

"Mr.Fluff!" shouted Janelle. She turned to the witch. "That's my toy!"

The witch just shrugged.

"Give Mr.Fluff back!" cried Janelle.

"Not on your nelly!" said the witch.

"At least let Mr.Fluff out of that cage!"

Before she could reply, two Hairy horses rushed in from a footpath on the other side of the clearing. Janelle recognised the one in the Pink Jacket that she'd seen earlier. The witch seemed to recognise him too.

"Hello Big Horse," said the witch.

"Good morning." The horse noticed Mr.Fluff. "Who is this?"

"That's Mr.Fluff," explained the witch.

"Ooh! Mr.Fluff would look lovely in my house. Give it to me!" demanded the horse.

The witch shook her head. "Mr.Fluff is staying with me."

"Um... Excuse me..." Janelle interrupted. "Mr.Fluff lives with me! And not in a cage!"

Big Horse ignored her. "Is there nothing you'll trade?" he asked the witch.

The witch thought for a moment, then said, "I do like to be entertained. I'll release him to anybody who can eat a whole front door."

Big Horse looked at the house made from Popcorn and said, "No problem, I could eat an entire house made from Popcorn if I wanted to."

"That's nothing," said the next horse. "I could eat two houses."

"There's no need to show off," said the witch. Just eat one front door and I'll let you have Mr.Fluff."

Janelle watched, feeling very worried. She didn't want the witch to give Mr.Fluff to Big Horse. She didn't think Mr.Fluff would like living with a Hairy horse, away from her house and all her other toys.