Chapter 23

Before I can take another drink and complain, Dexter, grabs my hand and drags me away from the alcohol. He makes me sit at one of the circle tables, shoved into the corner of the room, to make more space for people to dance and linger. He doesn't say a word though, just stares back into my eyes as I glare. Until I finally snap.

"What do you want?"

"You know what I want babe," Dexter purrs, trailing his hand up my arm softly. Oh, let's not forget him licking his lips as he touches me. We're sitting where God and everybody can see us and now is when he decides to get handsy. I just want to leave. Let me rot in my cell not go through this torture.

Dexter continues to look at me over the brim over his drink he so luckily brought for himself, similar to the way Mr. Pervert did. The intensity sends chills down my spine and I look towards the rest of the ballroom. People are still dancing, but now it's a faster more upbeat song, meant for parties and most other social gatherings besides ones regarding professional matters such as this one.

However, at an Apollo's victory ball, or any ball held at the castle, there would at least some sort of posed feast, to ensure the guests are fed. As well as formal dances, and never in a million years would there be an open bar like this one.

Dexter pulls my attention back towards him easily though, by scooting close and sliding his other hand up my covered leg. Never before have I been touched like this by a guy. And I hate that it's Dexter making me feel such things.

Dexter's other hand now lays on the inside of my exposed thigh and it makes my entire face burn. People could believe Apollo's are made of fire by how much I'm heating up currently. As he begins to slide it up, a weird noise begins to tickle at my throat, begging me to be let out. I don't let it. Especially not when a feeling of arousal blooms in my chest.

"Dexter, don't...please," My voice is hoarse as I plead for his mercy. I can't let him do this. Not here. Not now. Not ever.

Dexter smirks and leans towards me, pressing his lips against my ear, while wrapping his arm around me. We're so close, it's uncomfortable. I do nothing but shake as I silently beg for his leniency.

"You're right baby. Let's go elsewhere for this. We don't need all these people to be a part of our special moment," He whispers. Using the arm he has around me, Dexter pulls me to my feet and practically drags me out of the ballroom. The whole time my mind is racing. I don't know what he means by 'our special moment,' but I don't think I want to know.