Chapter 1

A/N - (Swipe - ^) The picture above is Ivy. (Just so you know, Ivy is someone Davina really doesn't wanna be friends with anymore. They are 'best friends' in Ivy's eyes but ever since the fight, Davina only considers her as a toxic person.)

(Words - 773)

Davina's POV -

"Davina."

"Davina, get up."

"Davina!"

"DAVINA!"

I groan.

"DAVINA RYLIE QUINN! ITS TIME FOR SCHOOL!" Mom shouted, shaking me.

"Okay, okay! I'm getting up, can you leave?" I croaked.

She shook her head and walked out of my room.

I slowly got up and went to the bathroom, and looked in the mirror.

I gently caress my hair, specifically touching the golden streak on the side. There was always a part of my hair, that was lighter than the rest. Not like the natural highlights most people have, but like straight up a different colour.

I stripped down, and took a quick shower. After I was done, I wrapped a towel around me, and started to brush my teeth. I went back to my bedroom to pick out my clothes. I didn't have much, so I put on a simple turtleneck dress with some black tights. I went back to my bathroom, blow dryer my hair, brushed it and put it in a ponytail. Finally, I pull on some socks and went downstairs.

"You better do well on your test today. There will be consequences if you get lower than 80%." Dad said, his eyes fixed on me as I ate.

"Yes, I know. It's kind of hard though, I'll try my best." I replied.

"Your not going to try. Your going to do it. " Mom said glaring at me.

I sighed, put on my shoes, I plugged in my headphones, played Dear Society and headed out.

-

-

I arrived at school in 10 minutes. It was dark and gloomy, my favourite type of weather.

"Dark and gloomy just like my soul" I thought

I walked up to one of my best friends, Ella, and hugged her.

"Good morning Ella!" I smiled.

"Good morn-" As soon as she was about to finish her sentence, Ivy came running and hugged her.

"What's up Ella?" Ivy spoke.

I would usually feel confused, but now I'm getting used to it, and it's really annoying.

As I was done talking to my other friend, Victoria, I turned around to see Ella, Chloe, and Kaila holding Starbursts and Ivy holding the packet.

"Can I have one?" I asked politely.

"No." She replied.

I felt kind of mad but just shrugged it off since it was just candy and I wasn't immature to fight over it.

I glanced down on my phone, to see that is was 8:50am, so I started to walk toward the line.

As I was standing in line, I was thinking about how I really wanted to unfriend Ivy. After the fight we had, I realized how toxic she was. The fight was really bad, I sobbed for an hour straight in my bedroom, because I was super hurt from what she said. But she and I both are really sensitive, and I am really scared to even tell her how I feel about her. Trust me, the last time I texted her that, it didn't turn out well.

-

-

I finally finished my test, and handed it in. I put my pencil and calculator back to where it was, and started to use my phone for the last 10 minutes of class.

"Thank you guys for handing it in, you guys will be getting your tests back by the end of the day." My teacher said.

Hopefully I get a good mark. If I don't, I'm probably going to get grounded.

Once the bell rings, me, Ivy and Ella, start walking to our next class.

"Hey do y'all wanna go watch Spiderman: Far From Home with me, when it comes out? It's going to be really fun!" Ivy asked.

"Yeah sure I'll ask. What about you Davina?" Ella questioned.

"I'm probably not going to be allowed, but I'll ask." I sighed.

-

-

At home:

"Mom, can I go watch Spiderman with Ivy and Ella in the summer break?" I asked quietly.

"No." She replied bluntly.

"Why? It's just a movie."

"Just no."

"But why?"

"Cause you can't. No means no. Now stop asking me!"

I held back tears and ran to my room.

Ignorant and depressing thoughts filled my head.

As soon as I turn 18, I'm gonna move out.

I hate my parents.

I hate my family.

I hate my life.

I wish I could have different parents.