Chapter 5: Hurtful words leads to ending friendships

BEEP BEEP BEEP

By the time my alarm went off I was already sitting in my bed. I was so excited for today. I was my first official day working all alone at the gas station. I had been training with Tony for the past week now and I was so excited.

I got up and ran to my closet to pick out my clothes. I pulled my black high neck sweater of the hanger, I grabbed my big brown coat, black high waisted skinny jeans, my favorite black velvet boots, and a black bag.

 I pulled my black high neck sweater of the hanger, I grabbed my big brown coat, black high waisted skinny jeans, my favorite black velvet boots, and a black bag

I quickly laid my outfit on my bed and ran to the bathroom to take a very fast shower. I turned the water on and check the clock on my phone to see how much time I had before I had to be at work. 30 minutes was surely enough time to be done.

I got out of the shower and dried off quickly. I got dressed and dried my hair as fast as I could. 20 minutes left. once my hair was all nice and dry I turned my straightener on and while I was waiting for it to heat up I started doing my makeup.

 once my hair was all nice and dry I turned my straightener on and while I was waiting for it to heat up I started doing my makeup

By the time I finished my makeup my straightener was ready. I straightened my hair in record time.

I ran down to the kitchen. 10 minutes isn't much time to eat. I was surprised to see Stephen sitting at the island.

"What the hell are you doing awake this early in the morning?" Stephen said watching me run around the kitchen like a crazy woman.

"I have to go to work in ten minutes!!" I said still running around.

"You have a session this early in the morning?" He said with a look of confusion.

"Jesus Stephen do you even listen to anything I say. Tony gave me a job at the gas station." I said starting to get stressed seeing I had five minutes till I had to leave.

"Oh... well what do you do there anyways?" He questioned still watching me.

"I do all of his paperwork, I write checks, I answer calls, send emails, and sometimes if I finish by the end of the day I help Jimmy or Sahil at the counter if they get busy." I said eating my protein bar.