Chapter 17

The six of you made your way into town. It was quiet -- too quiet. Something disturbed you right off the bat. Your stomach growled.

"First we should get something to eat" you said "I'm starved."

"Ok we can stop at this store" said Felix, pointing to a small convenice-like store.

You all stopped at the aforementioned store. The old, wooden door creaked as you pushed it open. When  it opened, you found..

Nothing.

Absolutely no one.

Huh. This was weird. 

'Hello?" You called out. But nobody came. 

"This is weird" Jack said. "Too weird." 

Your small group returned outside, and that's when you noticed that there was nobody else around. Any building you looked in appeared totally empty and deserted. The whole town was like a ghost town. Huh.. 

Finally, you spotted one person. Frantic, you ran up to them.

"Excuse me, sir! Excuse me! Could you please tell me where everyone went?"

They turned around slowly, emitting a low groan. A chill went up your spine as you finally took in sight of the stranger. Tatted clothes, matted hair, and... a distinct odour you count not describe. Shit, probably. They groaned again, and you were finally able to see their face -- rotting, decomposing, with chunks of flesh missing from their cheeks.  You screamed as a disfigured, rotten hand grabbed onto your arm. 

Pulling your arm away, you fell backwards. As the monster approached you, Damien jumped forth, plunging a knife into its head. You screamed again.

"What is that thing!?"

"I knew it" Said Damien

"What is it?" You asked

"We're.. in the middle of a zombie apocalypse."