Chapter 6

"Pete, are you sure you can carry all that by yourself?" You watch him struggling with all the grocery bags, meanwhile he only allows you to carry a plastic of two ice cream tubs. "Y-yeahh..I'm fine-" Then the onion bag drops onto the ground, so are some other stuff. You almost reach forward to help him. "No, it's okay. I got it." Pete then winks at you.

So you oblige, standing there while Pete put down the grocery bags so he could go & collect the fallen items. Your eyes wander around aimlessly, looking at the sky almost losing its sunshine. Then you look across the street, shady trees that leads towards the forest, then your eyes go to- wait, what was that you saw between the trees just now? You squint your eyes harder to reconfirm it.

A hand goes around your waist and startle you a bit, "Watcha looking at there?" You turn your head, only to be met by Pete's body being extra close to yours. "Well, I..there's...nothing actually." You can see that he's only carrying the bags with one hand, he probably reorganize the ingredients inside so that it's easier for him to carry, and of course, for the other hand to take yours.

"C'mon, we should get going." He smiles at you and start tugging your hand lightly. You follow him, couldn't help the feeling if the figure belongs to Mikey?? But it's impossible...or is it?

.
.
.

"So...welcome to my small home sweet home." You told Pete as you unlock the door and let him in. "It's lovely..just like you." He then boop your nose. "Peeete.." You drag the 'e' a bit longer, gaining a fit of laughter from him. You shake your head while taking the groceries from him to put them in the kitchen. "Please, make yourself at home. I'm gonna put these away for a minute." "Okay, Y/n." He looks around the living room, then flop down onto the couch.

You take out the pepper, tomatoes, and some other wet food to keep them in the fridge since you and Pete will start cooking dinner later. But you're taking longer than a minute, hands going slower as a thought comes into your mind. 'Why do I feel uneasy? Could it be that thing about the 'danger' Mikey has been telling me?' You can't stop thinking about it, as your anxiousness grows stronger, until, you feel someone's presence behind you.

It could only be just Pete...& you could just turn around to really make sure it's him. But, something somehow prevent you from doing that. You're scared, you can't even move your body. The 'thing' seems to only be getting closer that you can feel his breath on your skin, sending goosebumps all over your exposed neck.

"...P-pete???"

____________________________________

- Somewhere in the woods, in a Victorian looking house -

The front door swings open, and came in a short guy with the sides of his head shaved, following behind is another guy taller than the first, he has long black hair, down to his shoulder. "Man, this hunting mission is getting boring and exhausting! For how long can we keep doing this?! I see no ending to it, and there isn't a single clue of his whereabouts!" The short guy complains, flopping down onto the sofa. "Quit whining, Frank. If only you could have some more patience." The other guy whose name isn't Frank speaks, rolling his eyes while at it.

The Frank dude hunch forward, his back off the sofa. "Ya know what Gee, if I have your super special power, I could've tracked him down within a day." Gerard stares daggers at him, though he knows that Frank is just joking around. "Yeah sure, whatever." Frank giggles a bit. Then Gerard looks around the house. "Where's Mikey & Ray?" Frank copies his action. "Now that you mention it, yeah the house seems more quiet tonight."

Gerard super vampire sense can already feels something's wrong that night. But Frank doesn't find anything odd about it.
He goes towards the nearest window, looking at the full moon outside in the bright night, then Frank joins him, "Their only task is to restock the food supply. Is it that hard for them?? Ugh, if only they knew how hard our part of the job is-" Gee shushes him, gaining a confused look from Frank.

Both men keep quiet for a brief moment. "We need to find them." Gerard spoke.

_____________________________________

"Why are we here again??" "Quiet down, Ray! We need to get out of Pete's sight!" Both Mikey & Ray are currently somewhere at the edge of the forest, not that far away from Y/n's house. Mikey is anxiously looking around through the tree branches, Ray not far behind him. "I KNOW. But will it makes any different if we could only observe from here? We need backup, man!!"

Mikey turns around, squinting his eyes at the fro guy. He's about to open his mouth, "Listen he-" A faint scream could be heard, piercing the silence of the night. It was only for a brief second. The two guys turn to look at each other in panic, that's before Mikey takes off without minding everything around him, leaving Ray behind. "Goddamit, Mikes. Wait up!"