★ | 006. lost girls

Book: Control
Chapter 6: Lost Girls
Word Count: 3727

It was 1864 and Amelia Salvatore stood with her back straight and a polite smile on her lips

It was 1864 and Amelia Salvatore stood with her back straight and a polite smile on her lips. The carriage pulled up in front of her and her brother. She waited patiently as the door was opened and a silk glove covered hand popped out, grabbing a hold of a servants hand and being helped out.

"You must be Miss Pierce." Stefan commented as the beautiful girl stepped out, looking between the siblings.

"Please, call me Katherine." She replied, eyes sparkling. Amelia felt her heart skip a beat.

"What are you?"

Amelia stood still as she processed what Elena had just asked her. Elena knew. She had figured it out, somehow she had figured out what Amelia was and she didn't know whether to be impressed or annoyed. A bit of both. "You already know, don't you?"

Elena shook her head in denial, "no, I don't."

"Yes you do, Elena." Amelia started carefully. Elena looked like she was about to run any second so Amelia knew she had to watch what she said. "You wouldn't be here if you didn't."

"It's not possible. It can't be." Elena mumbled quickly and backed up, radiating fear.

"If I tell you this, you can't unhear it and you won't forget it. Everything will change... are you sure you want to know the truth?" Elena was silent and Amelia could see the gears in her head turning.

Finally she said, "what are you?"

"...I'm a vampire."

It was like Amelia had just said she had killed Elena's puppy. The usual bright and happy eyes were now staring at her with horror and fear. "I shouldn't have come."

"Elena, wait!" Amelia sped around Elena and stopped her before she could run away, which, yeah, probably wasn't the best idea since now Elena was even more scared and horrified. "Please don't be scared of me. I would never hurt you."

"No. No. How did you do that?" Elena yelled, nearly tripping as she backed away again. "Let me go!" She screamed, moving around Amelia to get to her car.

"Elena..." Amelia turned and watched Elena get in the car, deciding it was best to let the girl go for now. She was freaking out and she wasn't going to get any explaining done now. What was she going to do?

"Amelia! You have to go after her! What if she says something? You have to explain." Stefan was the one yelling at her now. "Go!"

"I'm going!" Fuck me, what is going on? She went straight through the forest, speeding as fast she could until she reached Elena's house, jumping up the side of the house and going through the open window. This was going to freak Elena out even more but what else was she supposed to do? She had no idea what Elena was going to do.