Chapter IV

Arthur's P.O.V.

After she accepted my proposal, things started changing. We started getting closer to a more 'intimate' level. We haven't done anything like that. But _____ was less shy when showing affection towards me. Though people just can't understand she's mine, can't they? I've tried to be less harsh but they just won't stop looking at her with those eyes. I was even kind enough to let go two of them off the hook but they just keep on coming

"Arthur?" I looked up to see my dear _____ with a tray in her hands. The ring I gave her shimmering on her right hand.

"What is it, love?"

"The kind lady working in the kitchen let me use the kitchen so I decided to make us both some tea. Would you like me to pour you some?"

I blushed slightly, _____ was always so considerate.

"Yes, please." She smiled at me and poured some in a cup.

After that, we just chatted with each other for a little bit when I got an idea. 

"Hey, _____, do you want to go out with me to a festival the town folks are holding?"

"Of course!" She said as she took a sip of the warm liquid.

Infatuation was the only way to describe what I felt for her. We only had two days before we went back home to London. I think It'll be fun, that's for sure. I can now go back home and let the world know who she belongs to. Though ______'s job, it's in our way, I can't have other men staring at my beloved future wife, now can I? I'll have to think of something to make her quit. All she needs is me, does she think I can not provide for her? Well, I'll just have to prove her wrong.

I can perfectly provide for her and our future family. I'm not The British Empires best detective for nothing. People might not know this but her majesty depends on me more than what the public eye sees

Queen Victoria trusts me more than some of her own dukes. I just didn't want people to know that, It's the surprise factor that counts. I like to see them cracking their skulls and trying to figure out how I'm able to gain so much erudition on my cases.

While I was busy in my trail of thoughts I didn't realize that it was almost time to go. 

"Hey, Arthur, snap out of it!" I immediately zoned back into the real world as I realized _____ was calling my name. 

"What is it, love?"

"You should get ready, it's almost time to go." Oh! How I love _____'s voice!

"Ah, right! I'll be back in a jiffy, love!" I hurried to the bathroom and got ready.

I changed into more appropriate attire and went out to see _____ looking at the files previously had at hand.

"Love, what are you doing?" I asked her sternly.

"Oh! Arthur, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to snoop around your things, I was just bored and saw those files and- I'm sorry!" 

"I'll consider forgiving you but you have to give me something in exchange.                                            I smirked.

"Well, what would you like?" 
The possibilities were endless, I could ask for anything. Knowing innocent old _____, she would undoubtedly comply.

"I would like a kiss, on the lips"

I knew how weary _____ was of my touch, she was the type of people who refrained from showing to much affection and knowing her she will hesitate to give me the kiss.

She flinched after hearing those words leave my mouth yet came closer to me. Once at an appropriate distance, she got on her tip toes and reached for my lips, capturing them in her own soft ones. Yet she was quick to try to pry them off of mine. I decided to tease her a little by taking the back of her head and pushing it towards me, immediately deepening the kiss. My hand was now tangled in her soft locks as I deepened the kiss by every passing second. I asked her for an entrance but she denied me one, once more tying to remove her lips from mine and I once more pushed are frail head towards me, asking for an entrance that she denied. 

I bit her bottom lip and she gasped as she suddenly opened her mouth and I took this as my chance and my tongue entered her mouth. Exploring every bit of it until we had to separate because of the lack of air.

After our little, 'game', _____ couldn't gather herself to even look at me. Does she really hate me that much!

Every time her eyes met mine she immediately looked away.

We reached the festival the townsfolk were holding and I have decided to buy _____ something. Maybe she could go back to normal this way.

"Would you like anything, love?"

She blushed slightly and looked away. I guess I might as well give her some space. *sigh* I've never understood women.

"Love, do you mind if I look over there, you can look around as well and just look for me if you find anything you like."

She just nodded and went on her own.

While I was was walking around trying to calm my nerves before I accidentally murdered someone, I was met with a particular stand that piqued my interest.

It had all sorts of bottles in shelves and boxes all with strange titles  This particular one caught my attention, it was called 'Love Potion'.

"You seem to be in some love trouble, perhaps  you fancy a maiden that doesn't return your feelings or maybe she straight out denied you?" 

Her words seem to describe my situation quite well. I continued to stare at the medium sized container, it was made of some sort of tinted glass and had a cork cap to maintain its contains inside it.

"Aah, you seem to have your eye on my love potion, so I was right all along, you really are having love troubles." She said as said woman wore an awfully crooked grin on her wrinkled features.