Chapter VIII

The green-eyes male took hold of the handle attached to the carefully carved wooden opening. He smiled as he gave it a slight push to reveal a room with beautifully designed sealings, large windows and priceless paintings. Though what caught _____'s attention wasn't the picturesque decor it's what the room contained.

Instruments of all shapes and sizes. Some so exotic that you had never even heard of them. And to top it all off there was a Grand Piano right in the centre.

Her [eye-colour] orbs widened as she gazed upon the contents of the chamber. All of them were of the finest quality though they didn't seem to be used very often since some required some restoration to be able to play the sweet melodies they were made to produce.

"What do you think, love?"

"I never knew you of all people would have an interest in music." Said _____ erasing any sort of interest or amusement previously on her features.

"Come now, don't act so boorishly, love! Your words wound me!" He said in acting in pure offence at what you had just said concerning the room he had prepared for you a while back.

"Really now? Well, what you did ALSO wounded me yet here we are!" You said in pure fury at his attitude.

Arthur just scowled slightly and then took you towards where the Grand Piano lied and made you sit down on the stool provided with said instrument.

"I only brought you here because I thought it'd be lovely if you played something for me." His voice was as silky and calming as ever. If it weren't for the circumstances Arthur had put you two in then you would have undoubtedly ended up smitten by the dirty blonde detective.

"What if I said no?" You were truly testing the waters at the moment. One wouldn't be surprised if Arthur grabbed you and punished you without even sparing a second thought!

"I think you already know the consequences. So if I were you, then I would stop with this execrable behaviour of yours immediately, love." The anger in his voice was clear to _____ so she deiced to comply with the male.

She'd have to go along with him if she did not want to be punished.
The female begrudgingly began to place her fingers over the piano keys applying pressure to them creating a melody she had thought was long forgotten.

It was one her grandmother had shown her play when she was but a little girl. The same melody that had played in the elderly woman's funeral. It brought back memories of her childhood and of, her. The woman that died disapproving at the path her granddaughter had chosen in life.

_____ had stopped playing this melody the moment her grandmother disapproved of her passion.

The only reason she was playing it was because it was the only one she knew by heart at the moment since most of the ones she had played previously were never relevant to the young woman so she forgot most of them. 

It started as a slow and simple melody and it slowly started becoming faster and faster. It was a melancholic tune. The tune was saddening but it also expressed feelings of anger and hatred.
It was a strange tune but pleasing in the very least. It brought back memories that were supposed to be locked up forever.

While the female played the intricate tune on the instrument, Arthur sat on a cushioned crimson stool further away from _____. Admiring the sight in front of him.

Beautiful didn't even begin to illustrate how amazing _____ looked.

And to think that every day could be like this from now on. Him and his darling little docile wife, _____.

As the music came to a stop, light claps could be heard. The young woman looked in the direction of the male to be met with him smiling while his hands clasped together in appreciation of the intricate piece she had played.

"My, my, I knew my wife was talented but this is astounding. Such an amazing piece, could I, by any chance, know what its called?"

_____ just cringed slightly as the male's voice rang through the vast room. 

"No, I don't remember what it was called." Venom dripped from her words, her hatred for the blonde being clear.

"Well, that is a shame, but it's okay, I'm sure you'll remember in due time."

"I highly doubt it." Said _____ as she looked away from the male with spite in her eyes once more.

"Love, what did I say about looking at me in the eyes when we talk?" Mentioned Arthur angered.

_____ had no other choice but to comply with the male, in fear of what bilious punishment he could have prepared for her.

Arthur just smirked at how efficacious his little threat was. After some more wheedling from Arthur, they both just sat in the lawn the luxurious estate had to offer.

They both sat in uncomfortable silence as one thought about how much of a fortunate man he was while the other thought about ways to get away from the former, knowing full well that she couldn't overlook anything if she wanted to avoid falling victim to his sadist punishments.

Arthur was known throughout the British Empire as the greatest detective but something that also particularized him was his cruel and inhuman way of punishing his captives once they were proven guilty.

People thought that The Tower was scary but this male was ten times worse. He once drove a criminal mad in the time span of two hours. Truly horrendous.

Another time, he tortures the children of a woman convicted of stealing from her previous master and then, chopped off the limbs of both children

one

by 

one

, and in the most painful way possible. But those were stories from when he had just begun his carrier as a detective. The poor souls that he convicted now probably had it even worse.

It scares _____ to death.

She could only imagine what he was capable of doing to her.