one- august 29th, 2014

video starts recording at 11:32:05, 29/08/2014

Distinct sounds of clanging are the first things recorded, and Ed tumbles into the view of the camera, looking excited and a little red. He adjusts himself on the seat that he had previously dragged from the dining room, and then looks into the camera.

"Uh, hi." He says, awkwardly playing with the hem of his t-shirt. "I've never really done anything like this before, so this will probably be really horrible and awkward... So I suppose I thought I'd do this for like, my future children. I told Stu and he told me that I was being 'a fucking sentimentalist'."

Ed face palmed. "Shit, I forgot that my children are watching this. Well, they're not watching this, half of them are down there-" Ed rambles, pointing down to his lap, before groaning. "God, what the hell am I going on about?"

There's a pause, and Ed smiles at camera, shaking his head. "Whoever will watch this, I firstly want to let you know that today is August twenty ninth, 2014, otherwise known as Liam Payne's birthday. He's throwing a party tonight, and apparently it's going to be 'small and intimate'."

Ed scoffs, smiling fondly. "I think there's going to be a hundred and fifty people there, from what I've heard from Harry. I feel like I should be wearing something more than a jumper and jeans, but for whoever is watching, you should know that the last thing I wanna wear is a tight shirt that shows off my beer gut."

He lifts up his t-shirt, exposing his pale, slightly rounded stomach, chuckling slightly. "See? This is what beer does to you; it ruins your liver, kills your brain and makes you fat."

Ed gets up, and disappears, before coming back holding two different coloured sweaters in his hands. "I was thinking of wearing the black one-" He holds up the black jumper against him, looking down at himself. "But Harry said I looked better in navy blue. I don't know how the hell Harry would know if I looked better in black or pink, but I think I'll just go with my beer gut."

Ed chuckles at himself, and tousles his hair, eyes shining. "I never realised talking to myself could be this much fun, to be honest. Oh, I should show you the present Harry and I got for Liam, it's pretty sweet."

He leans over in his chair, his top half partially leaving the screen. After a bit of struggle, he manages to sit up, holding a pale guitar, with a slightly faded Batman logo printed on the face of the guitar. "I got it custom made for him, Harry said he'd really love the Batman logo."

Ed admires the guitar, letting his fingers run over the strings. "I should probably put it back in it's case, get it wrapped up. I don't even know if I have any wrapping paper, Harry just dumped it at my place and said he'd write the card."

"If you ever meet Harry," Ed says, pointing his finger at the camera. "Be warned that he is the biggest cheese-ball in all of history and he cannot wrap presents if his life depended on it. And he also likes leaving things to the last minute, before dumping it on someone else. Namely, me."

The phone starts to ring in the background, and Ed sighs. "Probably Harry saying he doesn't have a pen."

Ed scrambles off, carefully propping the guitar on the chair. The guitar slides a little, but luckily for Ed it doesn't fall. Ed comes back into the room, phone tucked between his ear and neck, a smile on his face. He's got a large guitar box in both hands, and carefully puts the Batman guitar into the box.

"You don't have a pen, Harry? Man, get over here, you realise his party is in seven hours? Well-" He pauses, rolling eyes, listening to Harry talk for a moment. "Why'd you call me if you're going to buy a pen?"