12 | yearn

12 | YEARN

"Ah, yes. The negotiator. Anakin Skywalker. We've been waiting for you." General Grievous, the General of the ship and Dooku's ally, croaked out.

"That wasn't much of a rescue. And, Tara. I was expecting someone with your reputation to be a little... older." He got into her face to analyze her youthful face.

"General Grievous. You're shorter than I expected." Anakin insulted the robotic leader.

"Jedi scum." Grievous waved him off.

"We have a job to do, Anakin. Try not to upset him." Tara mumbled to him.

"Your lightsabers will make a fine addition to my collection." Grievous chuckled as he pocketed the sabers.

"R2!" Anakin shouted and R2 began shocking everyone around him, giving Tara and Anakin enough time to release themselves from the cuffs and use the force to snatch back their sabers from Grievous.

"Crush them! Make them suffer!" Grievous shouted to his droids and guards.

Anakin and Tara eliminates all their threats under the minute and managed to free Palpatine, too. The three of them plus R2 rushed over to the escape pods, but there were none left for them to run away on. "All the escape pods have been launched." Anakin announced.

"Can you fly a cruiser like this?" Tara asked Anakin.

"You mean, can I land what's left of it? Under the circumstances, I'd say the ability to pilot this thing is irrelevant." Anakin answered her.

"Strap yourselves in." Tara told R2 and Palpatine.

"Open all hatches. Extend all flaps and drag fins." Anakin ordered Tara who pressed all the appropriate buttons to do so.

The ship began to come a part. "We lost something." Anakin mentioned.

"Not to worry. We are still flying half a ship." Tara chuckled nervously.

"Now we're really picking up speed." Anakin huffed as he tried to control the ship.

"We're in the atmosphere." Tara announced.

"Landing strip, straight ahead." Tara pointed out.

"We're coming in too hot." Anakin grunted as he braved for impact right as they were headed toward a landing strip at the Coruscant they could find.

Somehow, Anakin managed to stop the ship. Of course it wasn't a smooth landing, but it stopped and they were all still alive. "Another happy landing." Tara joked, hoping to relieve the nerves in the room.

* * *

Obi Wan left a message to Anakin and Tara that he was safe and was going to report to the Jedi council of their mission. Leaving Anakin and Tara to return Palpatine to the senate and to discuss politics with the others.

Once Anakin and Tara were finally given their own rooms, Anakin sneaked over to her room. Tara was rubbing her feet from all the soreness and tension she had gotten from running around on the mission. Anakin came up from behind her and began peppering her with kisses on her neck. She nudged him away. "Stop." Tara told.

"What is it?" Anakin pouted.

She was quiet for a moment. "What?" Anakin's voice dropped into a serious tone.

"You killed Dooku like it was nothing. He was unarmed." Tara recalled out loud.

Anakin was quiet. She turned to face him. "Are you okay, Ani? What's troubling you?" She inquired.

Anakin's face darkened. Tara placed her gentle hand on his cheek, making him practically melt for her. "I'm just scared." Anakin admitted.

"Of what?" Tara asked.

"You dying. I keep having nightmares about it." He told her.

"We all die, Anakin. One way or another." She chuckled, pulling her hand back to her side.

"You are so... beautiful." Anakin breathed out.

"You tell me that everyday." Tara smiled over at him.

"And I still feel like it's not enough." Anakin smiled.

"Do you ever feel, incomplete? In life I mean. I know that soon we will become a Jedi, but, I feel like I want more. Emotionally and physically. It might be a womanly thing though." Tara sighed.

"Like having children?" Anakin piped up.

"Exactly. I suppose I sound silly." Tara yearned for a family. She was good as hell at what she did, but, deep inside, she felt like it wasn't enough.

"I do, too." Anakin grabbed a loc of her hair and twisted into his fingers.

"We can only dream." Tara flopped back onto the bed.