7. Gakgung Man

The odd gang of six had barely begun to set foot on the trail before Taehyung boldly moved in front of Jimin, saying, "Jungkook wants to walk with me."

Jimin protested, "I was here first!"

Taehyung ignored him and turned to Jungkook. "Hi, Bunny!"

"I'm —"

"Hey, he's my Bunny!" Jimin moved to block Taehyung from Jungkook's vision, with Taehyung gripping Jimin by the tunic whining, "Nooo~"

"Enough!" The voice of the leader caught everyone's attention. "Let's settle this once and for all. Jungkook doesn't belong to you or you. He belongs to ALL of us." Although enough to placate the boys for the time being, Jungkook still had a sour look on his face.

Eventually, the conversation shifted to complaining about how far they had walked, how much further there still was to walk, and if they'd ever make it.

"Hmm..." In the midst of the third time Yoongi complaining about it being too hot, Jin bent down to study some tracks in the path. Namjoon noticed, and wheels began to turn in his head.

"Horse tracks," the purple-haired man murmured.

"They look heavy," Jin confirmed. "Like it has a rider."

"Then," Taehyung interjected, "perhaps... I've heard that in this forest, it is rumored a lone archer wanders."

Jin suddenly shot up. "I hear something!"

The party stood still with bated breath, looking in all directions. The sound of hooves was getting louder. Within the next minute, an archer on horseback came crashing through the trees. The young man was dressed in a long, flowy brown tunic with a leather pouch hanging off the front of his belt. He had a quiver on his back, a gakgung bow in one hand, and his horse's reins in the other. He also had a toothy, infectious smile.

"Travelers! Where are you all off to?"

"We're going to defeat the boss," Namjoon answered.

"Ohhh... That is something I've always dreamed of doing. It is still a long journey from here on foot, though."

A low growl abruptly cut through the forest, and the boys looked off in every direction to find its source. Moments later, they hear a second, louder growl accompanied by a single hand slowly rising to the air.

"Sorry everyone... that's me," Jungkook admitted. "I'm hungry..."

"We left the city without even eating. We'll never make it," groaned Yoongi.

Eagerly, Jin took out his cooking pot and put down his rucksack, sifting through the ingredients inside. The archer peered in over his shoulder.

"Yep, I have enough for a big soup. Should be enough to fill us all," Jin turned to the newcomer, "Do you want to join us?"

◕ ◕ ◕