Chapter 2

As she knocked on the door the big black doors slowly moved open almost like a ghost opened them. She looked at it confused and a little frightened as a dark figure appeared in front of her. She looked up into the figures dark golden eyes. The figure stopped as the shadow did, like it was separated by the sunlight.
"Miss. Daae? Is that correct?" The figure asked bluntly
"Yes.."
"Enter. You are late. I do not tolerate lateness" the voice stated moving aside to let her in the home. She stepped in slowly still holding her bags. As the door closed behind her she jumped and tried to look around but she could not see a thing.
"Do you have a candle, I'm afraid I cannot see"
"If you were on time I would've granted you that luxury"
Christine looked up at where she heard the sound shocked at his cruel nature.
"I apologize sir but the journey was.."
"Enough! You shall not bore me with these pointless excuses." He said staring at her with annoyance
She looked down "Yes sir. I apologize"

"I will show you the home then you shall introduce yourself to the children" he stated coldly and walked with her to the parlor.
"Yes sir." She stated then looked around as her eyes started to adjust to the darkness. How could children live in such a dark home this was unbelievable.
"You have four children, is that correct?"
"Yes. All of them were left in my care, I have not had the bliss of having any children"
He replied sarcastically as he opened the nursery door and she walked in slowly. As he followed in behind her all the children immediately stood up standing in a line.
"My god.." Christine mumbles under her breath