Chapter 3

"Do with them as you wish I will be in my office." He said closing the door behind him.
Christine looked at each of the children and smiled softly.
"Why don't we all introduce ourselves. I'll go first, my name is Christine Daaè and I will be your governess."
"What's a governess?" One of the youngest girls asked
"A governess is someone who teaches and takes care of you while your parents are busy. I'm also preparing you for school"
"We will be sent off to school?!" One of the boys asked
"That is your fathers decision. Maybe after you learn to impress him you won't have to go" she smiled and sat down on a bench.
"Now what are all of your names?"
"Mine is William." The oldest boy said
"Mine is Maria." The girl next to him said
"Mine is James." The other boy said
"And Mine is Eliza.." a little girl that stood to the side said
"Wonderful. How old are all of you?"
"13." William said
"11." Maria said confidently
"9" James said
"I'm 5.." Eliza said after counting on her fingers
Christine smiled "Wonderful. Well how about today we all take a walk through the garden"
"The garden? We have never seen the garden.."
"Why not?" She asked confused
"Father only allows us out of here for dinner.."
Christine was bewildered.
"Well then that changes today. We are all going to take a walk." She said opening the door and walking with the children downstairs then out to the garden. The children smiled at the red roses that were planted everywhere. As the children started to run and play Christine sat down on a small bench and watched them.
"What is this?!" Erik said opening the door and walking out. Christine stood up immediately and turned to him
"Children need sunlight and room to play. Without that will not have any creativity.."
"Creativity is not needed for school work."
"For my assignments that I have prepared it is. Do you expect them to find a job with no ideas. Ideas start with creativity." She stated firmly.
"Do you wish to be unemployed?" He asked and walked up to her
"You will be by the end of the day if you do not follow my Rules."
"You never told me any rules.."
"Silent! Number one you will not talk back to me. Two, the children stay in the nursery and are to only leave for dinner. Is that clear Miss. Daaè?"
Christine looked up at him angrily
"Clear as mud. Come children we shall go back in" she said walking past him with the children who started to pout. Erik turned to speak to her again after realizing what she said but she and the children were already gone.