Chapter 9

Eyes on her flying, Alex shouted to the others, "It's like his powers keep growing!"

"Yeah," Sam replied. "Hurry, we need to get his shield down!"

Clover, flew to Prime, jaw set, and found the right angle with the Wind Tunnel Hair Dryer, set on maximum, to spin him in his shield like a hamster in its ball. His concentration broke and the shield dropped. Sam and Alex, busy with distracting choppers, each managed a cheer.

As soon as Queen Bee arrived to Ladybug, she held out the open sleeping bag and was met with a look of confusion.

"Into the sleeping bag. When I say 'now', pop out, activate Venom, and sting Prime Darkness!" Ladybug said in a rush.

Bee looked concerned, but Ladybug smiled and steadied her with a pointed look.

"Trust me," Ladybug said.

The bee heroine nodded, climbed inside, and Ladybug zipped up the bag most of the way.

"Cat Noir, extend your staff so this truck gets pushed towards Prime!" Ladybug said.

The boy took a breath, leaped off the back of the truck, and extended his staff impossibly long, one end planting into the street far below, and the other into the rear bumper with a clang. The staff, still extending, gave the floating vehicle a push, and it gained momentum towards Prime. At last the staff stopped, and Cat Noir retracted it to use it to helicopter down to the street.

Prime readied to attack the assembled heroes when he noticed the truck flying towards him. Ladybug leapt off and to the side with a yell, hurling her yo-yo at him, while he moved to avoid the vehicle.

"Now!" Ladybug cried, and threw her yo-yo to wrap around his ankles.

Thrown off-balance while focused on her, he didn't notice Queen Bee pop out of the sleeping bag from atop of the truck's roof. She gripped her top while in a wide, low stance.

Military choppers were now dangerously close, and the tanks below raised their gun turrets.

"Venom," Bee said quietly, then jumped at Prime from out of his line of sight.

The tip of her weapon stuck his upper arm just as his eyes darted to spot her.

"Gah!" he yelled, and was immobilized.

Hawk Moth's communication mask appeared over Prime's face.

Noo! Hawk Moth cried.

Alex and Clover swooped to the falling Prime and each caught him under an arm, then drifted to street level. Queen Bee and Ladybug each spun their weapons overhead to helicopter down. Once they landed, Ladybug tore off Prime's tie clip, dropped it to the ground, and stepped on it to break it in two.

"Come out, you akuma!" she said.

The akuma flew out, but Ladybug's cleansing yo-yo caught and transformed the creature.

Since landing first on the street, Cat Noir had busied himself by retrieving the sleeping bag which had fallen nearby. Familiar with Ladybug's routine, he rolled it up, set the tie in place, and held it against his hip. Once the akuma was cleansed, he handed it to Ladybug. She smiled at him and tossed the bundle to the skies.

"Miraculous Ladybug!"

The red and white energy swarm of ladybugs restored everything and everyone to their original state from before the attack. The spies gazed in wonder at the sight.

"Amazing!" Clover said.

"It defies all logic- and I love it," Sam laughed, exhausted.

"Wow," Alex said quietly.

"Thank goodness," Queen Bee added.

"It never gets old," Cat Noir said.

Ladybug held out her fist and Cat Noir did the same.

"Pound it!" both said, and did their gentle fist bump.

Military vehicles left the area, and Maston was surrounded by a few of his bodyguards at once, concerned for the man. He listened to an official's concerns, then nodded.

"I'm fine, thank you," he said, and approached Ladybug and the others.

He held out his hand to Ladybug who shook it, then Cat Noir.

"I heard about what happened and can't thank all of you enough; ladies, and Cat Noir," he added with a smile, "for what you've done today for me, this city, and country. Keep up the good work."

Reporters, officials, and police bustled around him and the heroes.

Sam approached Ladybug. "We did it! Might have some grey hairs from this, but hey."

Alex patted her shoulder consolingly. "What a vacay, huh?" she said.

Clover shook her head ruefully, thought a moment, then her expression became serious. "Once we recover, we need to stop the mastermind."

Warning sounds came forth from all three Miraculouses, and Ladybug looked in concern to the spies.

"Meet me in fifteen minutes behind City Hall," Ladybug whispered to the spies.

"Sure," Sam said. "Assuming we're still conscious," she added dryly.

Clover and Alex made sounds of agreement, then Ladybug waved to the visiting trio and her Parisian allies. "Great work, everyone! Bug out!"

The other heroes said goodbye to her in return, then Queen Bee and Cat Noir made similar exits. Finally, the spies flew off via their jetpacks.

A/N:  A short chapter, as will be the next and final one, but it felt right  to split this up

A/N: A short chapter, as will be the next and final one, but it felt right to split this up. Thanks for reading. Please review if you wish!