Chapter 10

Back in his darkened room, Hawk Moth frowned, eyes downcast

"All that work. And such incredible power- stopped not by two, but six heroes."

He shook his head, then looked up.

"Next time you won't have those spies with you, Ladybug and Cat Noir! Next time I will win!"

The spies called Felipe to check in and were congratulated by both he and Jerry. The 'retired' director was visiting friends at the Paris WOOHP branch and was to be thrown a party for his service. But couldn't resist getting involved when he heard his favorite agents were in Paris.

The trio used their X-Powders to change back to their regular clothes, took their picture in front of City Hall, then strolled around to the back past fences and trees. Sam looked over her X-Powder to check the news coverage of their adventure.

"Those reporters have no idea who paid them to grill President Maston like that," she noted.

Clover and Alex looked at her, minds working, when they noticed Marinette approach them from a ways off.

"Thanks again, guys," Marinette said, then rubbed the back of her neck. "Um, it's so weird having people know my identity."

Sam shrugged and smiled. "It's okay. We won't tell anyone. FYI, we figured out who Cat Noir and Queen Bee are as well."

"Wha? Ok, wow." Marinette gaped, then worked to compose herself. "You guys are good."

"Aw, thanks," Alex said, "now what do you say we do the same for Hawk Moth and catch him?"

The younger girl sighed and looked at Alex and the others sadly.

"I appreciate it, really. But I called- I called my master..."

The girls looked at Marinette in anticipation.

"I let him know that you discovered my identity. He was surprised, but was okay with it as long as it stays a secret."

Clover nodded, and Sam and Alex hummed agreements.

"He also said it's my destiny to stop Hawk Moth, with Cat Noir. And probably with the other Miraculous heroes."

"Without our help?" Clover asked, her voice rising in surprise.

"Basically, yeah. No offense!" Marinette added. "He must have a reason."

The trio looked at her, a bit defeated. Sam attempted a smile.

"Well, we're here in Paris until the day after tomorrow. If your mentor changes his mind..." Sam said and held out her X-Powder.

"Or if you need help, or just want to talk," Clover said and held out hers.

"And if you ever visit the U.S., especially L.A., give us a call," Alex said, flourishing her own.

"Oh, sure!" Marinette said, and held out her phone to each of them to exchange numbers.

Alex smiled and gestured absently. "Last few teamups were with people from other dimensions, so it's not so likely we'll see them again," she said in disappointment.

"Or those guys from the future," noted Clover. All three nodded in agreement.

Marinette, eyes wide, studied their expressions.

"Yes, we're serious," chuckled Sam. "Don't forget all the craziness you and your friends have going too."

Marinette smiled, then was surprised by the sight of Tikki peering out of her purse at the girls. The awed spies moved in for a closer look and the creature popped out, satisfied there was no one in the area who could see her.

"Hello, I'm Tikki. Thank you very much. Please keep the secret for the safety of Marinette's family and friends."

"I'm Alex. And you're so cute!" Alex cried. Sam looked around and gestured to her to quiet down.

The trio agreed and waved to Tikki before she disappeared back into the small purse. Clover looked to Marinette with a sudden look of realization.

"Before I forget, I remember you were crushing on that Adrien boy. Yeah, I can give you some tips," Clover said, and put a hand on her shoulder.

The others just smiled at Marinette's conflicted look, then Sam stepped forward.

"How about I buy you a smoothie or something to drink before we go back to our hotel to crash? I'd say you earned at least that for saving the President of France," she said with a wry smile.

"After what we just went through," Clover said with a frown, "I'll go with something stronger than a smoothie," earning chuckles of understanding from the others.

Marinette hesitated, then shrugged. "Sure, it's not every day I make friends like you guys."

The group walked off towards a nearby cafe, the late afternoon sun streaming down. Their adventures thus far in their lives were nothing short of miraculous. Who knew what lay ahead in the future, especially for Marinette and her allies in Paris?

Time will only tell.

A/N:  Once again, thanks so much for reading this, both my longtime  supporters, and any new folks (maybe due to the popular Miraculous?)

A/N: Once again, thanks so much for reading this, both my longtime supporters, and any new folks (maybe due to the popular Miraculous?). I hope you enjoyed, so please review and take care!