VII

Sticking her tongue out as she slowly placed the band aid on her knee Juliet patted it in place and winced almost forgetting it hurt.

In the other side of the kitchen Scarlet crossed her arms and looked stoicly at the ground almost like she didn't know whay to say. Suddenly thinking of an appropriate sentence she leaned forward, "Would you like something to drink?"

Jumping off of the cabinet and Nodding she looked around slowly, "Your husband is a nice guy."

"Yes, he is." She replied simply pouring a glass of lemonade. "Sometimes I can't find a damn thing wrong about him."

Furrowing her brows for a few seconds Juliet smiled to herself, "You seem dissapointed about that."

"Look at me. I'm an ungrateful wife who cheats on her husband and has a drinking problem. Of course I want something to be wrong with him."

Hearing that many words come out of her mouth at the same time caught the young girl off guard so she took her glass of lemonade and took a sip.

"He owns his own business, has tons of friends, and I can't even get people to look me in the eyes." Taking a bite of her sandwich that she had started  to make she peaked up at the brunette who stood uncomfortably at the end of the island. "That's why I liked you so much."

She widened her eyes almost surprised Scarlet had said that to her. "Me? Why?"

"You look me in my eyes."

Sighing Juliet used that time to study how blue they were. She almost sensed a dance of light in them but she turned away before she could study any further.

"I'm sorry I dragged you into all my issues."

"We all have issues you aren't special." Juliet whispered tapping her shoe on the tile floor. "I'm just glad I got to be the one to make you forget for at least one night."

Walking over slowly the blonde ran her finger across the cabinets granet surface. "Do you feel guilty about what happened between us?"

"Don't you?" Juliet whispered looking around nervously.

Stopping only a few inches away from the younger girl Scarlet leaned on the cabinet.

"My parents expect so much of me and the weekend of my first year out of high school I sleep with a married woman!" Throwing her head into her hands Juliet groaned remembering everything that happened.

"Why did you sleep with me?" Scarlet didn't smile but her eyes gleamed slightly reflecting the chandeliers light.

"Stop that!"

"Stop what?"

"Stop looking at me like you know what's underneath!"

"I do know what's underneath."

"Scarlet..." Juliet clenched her jaw and studied the woman's face. She really did have a beautiful look, her face even bare without make up shined and looked so smooth. slight wrinkles on her forehead and cheeks just outlined the beautiful shape of her face even more. Her eyelashes stuck out and her red lip complimented those primary eyes that stayed glued to her. "What we did was bad."

The older woman took another step closer, "Yes, it was."

"And we can never let it happen again!" Juliet scolded holding her finger out.

"Never." Grabbing her hand and putting it behind her back Scarlet pushed her against the island and tilted her head feeling her body become still and not even try to slip out of her grip.