Meeting them

Your POV

I was walking through a town where people were giving me weird looks until I came across what appeared to be a bar. The person who walked out had accidentally bumped into me and caused me to fall on my butt.

???: Oh sorry about that kid. (He held his hand out)

The man's voice was raspy and sounded drunk. I took his hand and he helped me up. He had greased back hair, red eyes, a battered red cape, and a cross necklace as well as well with a slouch.

Y/n: T-Thanks. W-Who are you?

Qrow: Call me Qrow, now where are your parents? (I visibly tense at this and he takes notice of this) Do you miss them?

Y/n: I r-ran from those m-monsters the f-first chance I got. I don't wanna go back! Please don't take me back to them! (I grab his leg with a tight grip.)

Qrow: Whoa there, I'm not going to send you back to them if they were that bad. But I recommend staying away from me.

Y/n: B-But why? You seem like a n-nice person.

Qrow: Trust me kid, you don't need the bad luck.

Y/n: O-Ok...bye. (I turn away)

Qrow: Wait. (I turn back to him) I know someone who can take care of you. His name is Taiyang Xiao Long.

Y/n: W-Where can I find him?

He pointed behind me into a forest.

Qrow: He lives in the only house there.

I thank him one more time by hugging him and rush off but not before telling him by first name.

Qrow POV

Shit! He ran off before I could tell him about the Grimm! I need to make sure he doesn't get hurt. I turn into a crow to secretly follow him.

Your POV

I was walking through the forest and came across a bush. Strawberry specifically, huh convenient. I take a few and eat them and continue down the path that I was told was the directions to "Taiyang's" house. I eventually came across what appeared to be a burned down shack, yet not completely unusable. I walked inside and found a corner to sleep in. I wanted enough energy for the following morning.

Qrow POV

I've been following the kid in my bird form for a few hours and saw him enter a shack. I'm gonna find food for the kid so he doesn't starve, I mean, I saw his frame back at the bar and he already had that appearance to him. Who did this to him? And why?

3 hours later

I came back with some fruit and berries that he needed and set them beside him and left the shack but still kept an eye on him. He eventually woke up and noticed the pile of food I left him.

Your POV

I woke up from my sleep and the corner of the shack and I was surprised to see that I was still covered by the veil of night, I also noticed the pile of fruit and berries next to me. I searched left and right to find who gave me them, then I started gorging into them. But not too quickly to where I would overeat and get myself killed, so I only ate a couple apples. I was simply minding my own business until I heard a noise of...a wagon? I slowly walk out and make my footsteps as quiet as possible. And much to my surprise, I saw a blonde girl around my age pulling a wagon...with someone inside.

Y/n: W-Who are you? And why are y-you here?

???: That doesn't matter, I'm here to find my mom, I thought I could find her here.

Y/n: W-Well she's obviously n-not here.

???: *giggle* I like your stutter, it's cute!

I grow a visible blush, but thankfully the night did a good job of hiding the blush.

Yang: I like you, I'm yang by the way. And this is my little sister ruby. (Points to the girl in the wagon)

Y/n: I'm y/n, n-nice to meet you.

Yang: Same here.

But the moment didn't last long because a large black wolf of darkness accompanied by another had found their way to us. I was terrified. The first one charged at me and back-handed me straight into a tree, making my back slam onto the trunk. Thankfully my aura had taken most of the damage, but it still hurt. The large wolf walked towards me and prepared to finish me off, but it turned towards yang and ruby and was about to strike yang, I held my hand out in an attempt to stop the monster from hurting her.

Y/n: NO!

My hand let out a sonic beam from my hand to the dead monster and blew it into pieces with a very, very high pitched noise that only it could hear. But that left me with one to go, problem was, I didn't have enough energy so all I could do was watch as she died in front of me I shut my eyes so I wouldn't have to see it happen. That was until I heard a slash and the wolf was turned into dust, and I opened my eyes to see...QROW?!

Y/n: W-Wait, Qrow?!

Qrow: Oh, hey kid. I uh, hope you're journey is going well.

I gave him a shocked expression and so did yang.

Yang: Wait, you know our Uncle Qrow?!

Y/n: Yeah, I saw him a-at a bar. (Starts talking fast) Well he actually was walking out at the time but he bumped into me and then I fell on my rump and then after a conversation for another day he told me to find a house that belongs to Taiyang and that-

Qrow: Whoah there, slow down. Besides, he's this way.

Yang: Wait we're taking him with us?

Qrow: Where else can he go?

Yang: Oh, okay! Does this mean a new brother?

Qrow:...Maybe

Yangs eyes lit up with excitement and grabbed my arm with one hand and the cart with the other and we began our trek back to their home, and possibly my future home.

We later got to their house and it's very pretty and nice and a man with blonde hair and blue eyes stepped out with a worried expression glued to his face.

???: Oh my Oum girls! Are you okay?

Yang: We're fine, but Ruby's exhausted.

???: (turns his attention to me) And whose this?

Qrow: His name is Y/n.

Tai: Well, I'm Taiyang Xiao Long. What's your last name?

Y/n:...I'm sorry it just...hurts so much to think about them.

Qrow: The kid had it rough tai. At least give him a home for the night.

Tai: What makes you think that I wouldn't want to take him in?

Y/n: H-Huh, really?! (He nods) Oh, thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!

Tai: Hey, it's alright. (Hugs you)

I was taken inside and was given a bath and some pajamas, as well as a place to sleep. And let me tell you, this bed is King-Level compared to my "Brick-of-a-bed" my old family gave me. I think I'm gonna like it here but still;

Tomorrow is another day...