1

Khaellin POV

"Jake, we will be leaving early tomorrow morning, I'm going to miss you and I hope I will get chance to stay in touch with you."

   I can't believe we are leaving. I mean, when my dad told us about the whole moving thing, I was happy. I could not wait for the day we will leave. I've been staying here my whole 17 years on this earth and I was finally moving to another state altogether, who wouldn't be happy about this news.

In fact, part of me wanting to move out of here was the fact that I wanted to move on with my life and forget about the huge crush I've been having only childhood friend Jake yet I can't bring myself to tell him how I feel. Now part of me can't wait to leave and get over with this whole thing and another part wants to stay here.

  "When exactly will you move back here?" His question brought me back from my thoughts.
"I don't actually know, my dad didn't tell me about it and the actual place too, he just said its a surprise and am going to love my new environment."
  Well he added that if I don't want to stay there, I will be allowed to come back to L.A but I bet my dad will never take us to a place we won't feel comfortable to stay so the idea of coming back to LA was not part of my plans. Besides, even if I don't like the place, I can't leave my parents there alone and come back here to stay alone either.

We spoke for a while as we wait for our turn to order, Jake decided that we spend today together since I wil be leaving tomorrow and we don't know when we will meet again. In fact, it was a nice idea and I was happy to spend the day with my childhood best friend,  I mean who wouldn't be.
  When it got to our turn, I ordered hamburger and he put in his own.
It didn't take long before our food was ready and we dig in since both of us were hungry. We ate silently and surprisingly, I was comfortable with the silence.  After eating, we went for a walk around the park for a while.

"Khae, I have to admit, I'm very sad about you leaving. I have known you to be around for my whole life and I'm wondering how things are going to be when you leave.

I'm missing you already even though you are right here with me, how much more when you leave." He turned to face me and look straight into my ocean blue eyes, something flashed on his light brown eyes of which I couldn't place before it disappeared. My heart beat quickened at his intense stare and my legs became weak. There was total silence for a while, I didn't know what to say and it seems like he was not ready to talk too. I searched through my mind to get something to lighten the atmosphere but my mind was mysteriously blank at that very moment.

"I..  I will miss you too Jay, trust me. " I found myself saying so after a while, he moved his eyes from me and look everywhere but me, it seems my voice brought him back to his senses again. He cleared his throat and gave me a smile.

*Flashback*

"Khae, you better hurry up or else I will leave." Jay called from the hall.

"Please don't leave, I'm almost done" I finished with my make up and rush downstair.  I slept late last night which caused me to wake up late, thanks to my alarm which didn't go off.

I found Jay standing in front of the window waiting impatiently, he wore a black leather jacket over a pair of blue black trousers. His hair was styled in a sexy way and from the stairs I could see him glowing due to the sun from the window. He looked handsome with his back towards me and I felt my heart beating faster. I stared at him until he turn and I hurriedly walked down the stairs. Unfortunately he caught me staring and smirked at me which caused my cheeks to burn and I knew at that moment that I look like a tomato. For the first time in my entire 15 years that I've lived with him, I saw him in different way, I saw him as sexy and handsome. Well, he was popular among the girls in school and all but there was never a day I thought of him as handsome enough to make my heart flutter at his sight. We've been best friends since we were kids and he was just a normal guy to me. My eyes opened today and I saw him from a different angle altogether.

   *end of flashback*

Since that day, I've had a huge crush on him but I managed to hide my feelings from him until now, I know he sees me as nothing more than a childhood best friend. I always have to act as I don't care as he gets in and out of a relationship with different girls. I've never been into any serious relationship before, whenever someone propose to me, I find myself turning them down without any reason. Inwardly, I kept praying that Jay will see me as more than a friend.

"Make sure to take good care of yourself when you are away and don't hesitate to call on me anytime you need my help, I won't mind flying over to wherever you are ok", his words made me squeal inside, he doesn't mind coming over? I was jumping up and down inside when a voice in my head said, "stop over thinking Khae, he don't mean coming over to make out with you, he is only concerned about your safety as a friend, nothing more or less" As much as I don't want to accept it, I knew that's the truth and I can't help it in any way.

"Khae, did you hear what I said?", his words brought me back to reality.

"Mmm..  Yh, I heared you" I could feel my cheeks burning. I wish I could tell him how I feel before I leave but I couldn't bring myself to say that.
   After a while of hanging around, we call it a day and headed home, when we pull up at my driveway, he got down before me and hurried to my side to open my door for me but I opened it before he reached it.

"Oh Khae, at least let me be a gentleman and open the door for you" he said with a smirk on his face.

"And since when did Jake Harper became a gentleman who opened door for others?" I asked raising my eyebrow at him.

I saw a tint of pink appearing at the tip of his ears and I knew I've won. I smile down at him as I got down from his jeep. He pulled me into a tight hug and I found myself hugging him back and sniffing in his scent. 

Heartache जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें