Collision

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any marvel characters and the movie plot.

SSR Training Base, 1943

Peggy flipped through the files of Project Rebirth, which contained profiles of all the potential candidates. She was only halfway through when she noticed the candidates had one thing in common, they were all very well built. She thought Dr. Erskine said physical abilities shouldn't be the only factor in choosing the candidates? Seemed like Colonel Phillips didn't take the advice.

Peggy didn't get to finish reading the file before someone told her to go to the training field. "Agent Carter, the soldiers are here." The man said respectfully.

Agent Carter. She liked the sound of it.

She closed the file and put it down on her desk. "Be right there." Her voice was firm and confident, liked when she was young. She flashed a confident smile, smoothed her shirt and walked out of the door.

She needed not to go too far to notice a certain soldier who was particularly short. She was certain Philips didn't pick him.

~~~

It was a hot summer day with sun shining above his head when Steve had his first training day in New Jersey. Standing beside him were a bunch of tall and muscular men, men ready to be chosen to the programme.

Honestly, it's hard for Steve to get a uniform that fit him cause soldiers weren't usually this short. The uniform he's wearing wasn't really his size, he had to roll up his trousers to his ankles before wearing his shoes.

Heat hit him hard, wearing long sleeves uniform under the bright sun started to make him feel a bit dizzy.

He started to worry that he may faint on his first training day. That wouldn't be a very good impression.

He thought he was having illusions when an oddly familiar smell of perfume entered his nostril. A mix of jasmine and gladiolus. So familiar, his heart ached a little bit.

Steve was considering to slap himself to make sure he wasn't dreaming when all of a sudden, a voice cut his thought.

"Gentlemen, I'm Agent Carter. I supervise all operations of this division." Solemn, but still sounded like Christmas bell. He thought he could never hear her voice again.

Steve looked up, and saw the one person that had been on his mind for years, Peggy Carter. She still looked as fine as he last saw her a few years back then. They locked eyes for a second, Steve could see the shock behind her eyes. He honestly didn't think that he could ever see her again.

A rusty voice broke their stares. "What's with the accent, Queen Victoria? Thought I was signing up for the U.S. Army." A muscular soldier asked mockingly, couldn't believe that a British woman was supervising him.

Women didn't get a lot of respect in the army, or anywhere really. Though, she was used to this, Peggy still wouldn't take this kind of bullshit.

"What's your name, soldier?" Peggy stared at the man in front of her. He was a tall man with a well built body. His eyes disgusted her as he scanned through her like she's a lower kind of creature. If Steve didn't know Peggy, he would have stop Hodge and his disrespectful attitude, but Steve knew Peggy was more than capable in handling this kind of situation. If he wasn't in a military training base, he would have grabbed some popcorn and enjoyed what's becoming next.

"Gilmore Hodge, your Majesty."

"Step forward, Hodge."

Hodge did so. Not understanding what would be happening.