T W E N T Y

Zachary's POV

"Baby," Britney cooed in my ear. She placed her hand on my chest and continued to kiss my jawline and down to my neck. This doesn't feel right. 

"Stop," I said as I tried pushing her off but this girl is slightly strong. "Britney, stop."

"What? What is it?" She pouts. 

"I can't do this. I'm not doing this shit anymore," I said as I stood up and took a step away from her. 

"What do you mean? You can't break up with me," she screeched as she stood up. Now everyone's attention is on us. Great

"I'm not doing this anymore. I can't and I'm done," I finalize, grabbing my backpack off the floor.

"You can't just break up with me. You know what happens," she snarls. 

I freeze in my spot. "I've had way more worser threats than that. I'll find another supplier."

I won't bother torturing myself with being with her.

"Hey bro, you good?" Jay fell in step beside me. 

I sighed. "I'm alright. I broke it off with Britney."

"What about the medication? Zelda needs it," Jay said worriedly. 

I sighed heavily and stared ahead. I honestly don't know what I'm going to do. Zelda needs that medication and I don't know where I'm going to find it or who I'm gonna go to. Shit just got a lot more complicated.

"Quentin has the medication," Jay spoke up after a minute of silence, causing me to stop in the middle of the school's hallway. 

"No," I stated firmly. I know exactly who Quentin is but I don't know his relation to Davina. All I know is that Quentin is a perverted asshole who has a sick way of mind games and is best friends with Greg and Derek.

"That's the only way we can help Zelda, Zach. We need that medication," he said, trying to change my mind. 

"No," I state. "This is a sick bastard we're both talking about here. We don't even know his whereabouts. We'll find another way."

"Anything for Zelda," Jay brought up. 

I stopped completely, the words instantly hitting me. He and the rest of the guys always brings this up, reminding me that Zelda's life is on the line. I know her life is on the line and I'll do anything for Zelda but Quentin is a twisted bastard and I know he won't give me the medication that I need. But I won't risk it. I know he'll want something in return. Or more like someone.

"No. I'll do anything for Zelda except go to Quentin. We both know what he wants in return. And I'm not risking Davina's life," I state matter of factly. No matter how angry Davina makes me or how much we both despise each other, I will never ever put her life in danger. Never. I'm not a heartless person.

"Fine. You know we're all here for you, including your cousins. We're family, Zach. If anything happens, we're right behind you no matter what," Jay says sincerely. "We'll figure something out."

I smile and draped an arm over him before giving him a knuckle head. "You already know bro. C'mon, let's go to class before we're late," I laugh as I let him go.

I just hope we find our new supplier as soon as possible so we can get the medication for Zelda.

Davina's POV

"You're both late," Kinkle said as he glared at Zachary and Jay who had just walked in. 

"Sorry sir. I had an important mission to do," Zachary said monotonously as he took his seat next to me. 

"And what was that?" Kinkle asked boredly. 

"I had to break up with this really annoying girl," he smirked as he looked across the room at an angry Britney. He did what?!?! Did he say 'break up'?

"You asshole," she screeched. "You're not getting that damn medication for your sis-"

"Finish that fucking sentence, and you're going to wish you never opened that big, nasty ass mouth," Yasmin shot up from her seat, glaring down at Britney. I've never seen Yasmin act like this before and honestly, it kind of frightened me. But I swear Britney was going to say 'sister'. What medication? I'm confused here. And how does Yasmin know? She didn't tell me anything. Does Aliyah know? Oh, no. Is Zelda sick?

I take a peek at Zachary to see him tensed and slightly shaking with anger. Even though I'm trying my best to ignore him because of the kiss and his lash out on me, I couldn't just let him sit here and clench and unclench his fists in anger. So, I did the only thing I could think of: place my hand onto his and entwine them together. Surprisingly, he didn't push me away or make a big scene out of it. He just tightened his hold on my hand and let out a slow and shaky breath.

"You're okay," I whispered soothingly to him. "Zelda will be okay-"

"We're going to the nurse, Kinkle," Zachary said as he shot up from his seat, pulling me up with him while our hands were still entwined. Thank God I didn't have any of my stuff out as I easily grabbed onto my backpack and placed it on. Zachary pulled the both of us out of the classroom and dragged us down the halls to a set of doors before he pushed it open and led us to our table under the tree.

He surprised me by pulling me into a tight hug, placing his head in the crook of my neck. His hot breath fanning against it, causing me to shiver and goosebumps to rise on my arms. A good feeling by the way.

"Thank you," he whispered in my neck. Tears pricked my eyes because I felt him cry on my shoulder, his face still buried in my neck. The boy who was such an egotistical dick was crying on my shoulder because of his sick sister. I figured half of it out when I let him drag me out of the classroom. I just know that Britney has something to do with it.

I wrapped my arms around him and let him silently cry onto my shoulder. And this feeling that was in my chest, was a weird and new feeling. Maybe I actually did have a heart--or a soft spot--for Zachary. I'm not sure but I'll figure it out soon.

~~~~

MY POOR HEART. AHHHHHH. I'm so sad. But things will eventually get better. Stay tuned for the next chapter loves ;)

Vote, Comment &' Share

🍯Honey Love🍯