In the night

I'm getting worried now, Max hasn't answered any of my texts and it's been a week now. I've even tried calling him but it goes to voice mail every time. I'm trying not to imagine the worst, this is Max we're talking about, he could probably beat an alligator in a fight, I think. I need to stop stressing over it. If he doesn't want to talk to me then that's fine, I have more important things to worry about like GCSEs! Ugh! I just wish that he would respond to at least one of my texts, this is torture.

*ping*

Is that him? Did he finally respond? What am I saying? He has the audacity to air me for a week! But maybe he couldn't respond. Maybe he was kidnapped! Shut up! Just look at your phone.

Mum: Goodnight bubble, we'll be back by 11pm xxx

Jeez, I need to stop thinking about Max. It's not good for my health, I should move on, maybe take up a new stress relieving hobble like...knitting! Seriously, that the first 'stress relieving' thing I think of. I need to get out more. Maybe I'll read my new book to take my mind off of Ma-

*BANG*

What on earth was that? What's going on?

Someone's in the house... What do I do?...They're coming upstairs...please don't com-

*The door creaks open*

"Max? W-what's going on?" ... Is he a thief? Did he know I was here? Did he know I was alone?

~

Damn, why, why?! Of all the houses we could have broken into, why did it have to be hers?!

"Eleanor, I can explain but-"

"G-get out of my house now! You air me for a week then break into my hou-"

Why can't she just be quiet and let me explain, I don't want to have to do this the hard way.

"Be quiet or the others will hear you. We need to go, I'm sorry, I never wanted this to happen but it has now."

"Why do we need to go?"

I can't tell her the truth, not yet at least. She'd never look at the same way... she'd never be able to love me.

"I'll explain later but for now, you need to do whatever I say if you don't want to get hurt"

I would give anything to let her go, to go back in time and change things, but I can't. All I can do now is protect her and hope for the best.

"okay"

~

I'm scared, I've been falling in love with someone who kidnaps teenage girls for a living. I wonder what else he's been keeping from me or if he's ever told me the truth. Was it all a set up to lure me in and make it easier to obtain me? I'm not going to put up a fight, I'm not stupid. If I value my life, I need to be careful and do what they say (within reason).

He leads me down to his white van and reaches out to give me a hand into the back, I declined and hoped in and tried to ignore him. Does he really think that after kidnapping him I'm going to fall for him like those soppy love stories? Not a chance, sorry Max. You'll have to do better next time.

~

Of course she won't take my hand, she hates me. What am I going to do now? Trust me when I say that I'm going to put an end to my Father one day and I'll do it with a smile on my face. It's his fault that I've lost her. It's his fault I break the law every single day. It's his fault that I am who I am, and I hate him for it.

Let's just get back before he kills me for being late again, I can talk to her later, or at least try to.