Chapter 2

Whirlpool

Pressing save, I made sure the edits uploaded to the cloud, then picked up the phone. "Janie, I've finished the initial write up. Can you have a look and add anything you think needs to be done and get back to me?" Hanging up on her voicemail, I sat back and stretched. Knowing Janie, she'd be out partying.

As my arms stretched back over the top of my desk chair, the sweeping caress of a heated gaze flowed straight over my face and lingered on my breasts. Jolting straight, I turned in my chair enough to see Prince Bolt loitering by my open French doors. Stepping through the gauze curtains, Bolt invaded the privacy of my bedroom. Nary was going to rip his barnacle off.

"Forgive me, I know you are not allowed to talk to me, and that I shouldn't be in here, I just needed to tell you, King Kai got your message."

My eyes widened and I had to firm my lips together to prevent questions blurting from my tongue. Bolt took my silence as permission to continue.

"Your locket, it hit me in the head. I was swimming beneath the ship you were on when you threw it, so I received your message. I wanted you to know, I delivered it to King Kai, and after admiring the photos inside, he placed the locket with the others you have sent him."

Taking in his words, I turned further in my chair till I was straight on with the Prince. Smiling in my peripheral, Bolt shook his head. "That's not why I told your mother I was here. It was your message I delivered, it is you I give the assurance he has received it."

All these years, my father had received and kept my messages and photos. Maybe he did care?

"I saw you on the ship. Your beauty captivated me. I came here purely to meet you. I didn't expect your mother to to be a queen, or for you to be a princess constrained to traditions. It's heartening to know that those who left because of my mother's impudence, have found a home and a network of support via your mother.

"My guard are all waiting down the beach. Having used the afternoon to rest, now we will travel home. My initial objective failed on this trip, but, I think I am satisfied it was a success still because I got to meet one of the most enchanting maids I have ever laid eyes on."

Taking another step closer, Bolt smiled. "The rules say you can't talk to me. There is nothing forbidding us to look at each other. Could I request a moment of gazing on your beauty entirely before I leave?"

Frowning, not sure if that was code for seeing me naked, I stood up and lifted my face to meet his. Our eyes met, his violet gaze striated with emerald. Not a pure bred Indigo like I'd first assumed.

As his vision locked with the cobalt and ice blue of my irises, my dream of intimacy hit me like a punch to the stomach. An involuntary sound of impact came from my chest as I bent over a little, but I couldn't break our connection, so I noticed the Prince was equally affected.

Eyes wide, breath short in his chest, Bolt took a step closer countering my subconscious retreat. His hands cupped my cheeks, then his mouth was on mine breathing the sun into the cold core of my being. Stepping into his warmth, our skin met, exchanged heat, pressed together, our hands pulling us closer between caresses of each other's form. My eyes popped open when Bolt grabbed my arse in his hand, fingers slipping beneath my bikini bottoms, and yanked me tight against his swollen bull horn.

Shoving him away from me was the hardest thing I'd done so far in my life. Normally, disengaging was easy, the lack of feeling, of desire, made it easy for me to walk away from a horny Mer, but not this prince. My body cried out to feel his hardness, his heat, to rub against his barnacle.