Chapter 1

-Zayn

Zayn stared as the flames and embers floated up into the sky. He listened to the hundreds of dying people screaming, as they tried escaping the orphanage. Tears fell from his eyes freely, as he watched a few of the people escaping. Only to be struck down by lightning. He was in full control now. Zayn was use to this feeling by now. Even though he was only seventeen, Zayn was already aware of what real pain was. He knew what it felt like to look inside of someones eyes as they died slowly. He has heard hundreds and thousands of people screaming in fear and agony, all because of him. All because of Valac.

Zayn let out a short sob, but held back to tears as he felt a cold hand touch his left shoulder. Looking over his shoulder, he saw a slightly transparent young man standing behind him. From the red fog that covered the transparent figure that only Zayn himself could see. The raven haired lad immediately recognized the thing to be Valac. It wasn't often that Valac took human form though. He'd much rather liked taking the form of a raven or a snake. However, most of the time Valac, would just remain inside of Zayn's head.

"Those people...They were my only f-family, Valac. They were all I-I had left, and now it's just y-you and me again." Zayn said brushing the demond's hand off of his shoulder. The tears he's been fighting off, slowly began to break free as more sirens could be heard in the distance.

'That's the way it's meant to be' he replies in his gravely dark voice. Valac, looked around the area and sighed heavily. We should get going now. The police will be searching in a little bit.

Zayn followed Valac's lead into the forest area, until they made it safely under a bridge. The area surrounding them was completely empty, besides the occasional pieces of trash scattered on the ground. The brick wall that held the bridge up, had graffiti signs and drawings all over it. Looking at the clear patch just on the top of the wall, Zayn gasped when Arabic word started to form on the wall. Zayn looked over at Valac, and listened as he recited words to himself. Minutes later Zayn gasped again when he read what Valac, had wrote.

ملكالشياطين

"K-king..of Demons.." Zayn mumbled out the words slowly. His eyes lingering on the last word as he shook his head on from side to side. "You can't just write stuff like that on the wall Valac! What if someone sees it?!"

'Don't raise your voice at me boy! No one is going to see it, because only you and other demons can see it.' he said closing his eyes as he focused hard, 'I'm gonna get some wood, so you can start a fire...I already know you don't want me starting one.'

Zayn nodded slowly and curled into a ball, keeping himself warm for the time being. He knew it would't take long for Valac to find wood for the fire. Zayn just needed a sense of safety and home, and if that only meant himself. Then so be it. Just like Zayn predicted, within seconds pieces of twigs and wood began floating over to them, arranging in a nice position.

Zayn stared at the wood, and dug a little barrier in the mud, around the pieces of wood, to keep the fire contained without it spreading. Once that was all finished, Zayn concentrated on the wood. Using the small amount of power Valac gave him when he was younger. Zayn was able to create the small fire in less than a minute. Holding his hands out to the warmth, he sighed content. Valac sat beside Zayn, and looked around making sure no'intruders' would come near his host.

"...Why'd you do it Valac.."

'They tried getting rid of me.'

Zayn went to say something, but stopped knowing how Valac felt when people attempted to do exorcisms on him. Lets just say in the end, they all just ended as attempts. Failures that lead to the priest or whoever the hell was dumb enough to try Valac, to his or her death. Zayn sighed and laid back on the wet ground closing his eyes, as memories of his life flooded through his head.