Chapter 8

Zayn's mom use to say as a kid, he would always be so antisocial. Leaving the group he was with to lock himself on his room and play with his toys alone, because he always needed a minute when spending too much time with people, because it often becomes a lot for him, but it has never been a problem for him, the other way around, actually. Especially with Valac never liking to share Zayn with anyone. How the demon would purposely sabotage every growing friendship he would attempt to make. So it came to a surprise when Valac was awfully quiet as Zayn lead Harry to his flat. The taller lad trailed behind with a skeptical expression on his face, as his big green eyes scanned over the area. Every few seconds he would trip over his feet due to him not paying attention to where he was walking. Once they got to the place, Zayn unlocked the door and walked inside taking his shoes off, and turning on the lights. Turning around he watched is Harry likes around the almost empty place of the place he called 'home'.

"It's nice."

"Thanks."

Zayn said before taking his jacket off and throwing it over the arm of the couch in his living room. Hearing Harry's clumsy footsteps trail behind him, Zayn sighed and closed his eyes before disappearing into a shadow so he could appear behind Harry.

Harry let out a surprised gasp before stepping backwards, and bumping into Zayn's chest. Zayn smiles a little and his hands immediately goes to Harry's waist to stabilize him before he trips or something, he does it without thinking because he might not know the green eyed boy too much but he has seen him around enough to know how he is tripping over his own feet almost all the time, also to notice how pretty he is but that's another story. Harry stayed perfectly still with his back still pressed to Zayn's chest, and his heart beat a bit more quicker than normal. Zayn leaned his head in and nudged his nose against the side of Harry's face softly. "Calm down....I'm not gonna hurt you Harry. You're important to me." Zayn said in a hushed tone as his thumbs lightly rubbed circles into Harry's hipbones.

After a few mor seconds of waiting till he though harry was calmed enough, Zayn pulled his left hand in front of harry so he could see. "There's more...are you okay for me to show you?" When Harry slowly nodded, Zayn looked at his hand for a few seconds before a controlled flame hovered over his palm.

Harry gasped and hesitantly brought his hand up, and quickly moved his hand overtop of the blazing flame. Putting his hand back to his side harry waited for the flame to go away before turning around and resting his hands on Zayn's chest. "S-so....this is why you can't...be with me?"

Zayn shook his head and tests his warm hands over Harry's. "No...there's one more thing that you don't know yet." Ignoring Harry's confused face, Zayn rested their foreheads together and. Zayn's amber eyes gazed j to Harry's before, both of their vision got fuzzy and images of Zayn's past started to flicker in front of Harry's eyes.

•••5 year old Zayn•••

"Where's my toys and stuff? I left them here." Zayn said as he padded his way across the carpeted floor of the livingroom. His mother in the far corner reading abokk with her reading glasses on.

"Remember the rule about not putting your things where they belong?"

"If I don't put them where they belong, I can't keep them," he frowned, "I'm sorry! It won't happen again, can I keep my new toys still?"

"Of course, just remember to put them away next time, alright? They're in the playroom."

"Thanks!" Zayn beamed, turning on his heels and hurrying to the room. Hearing Valac's voice in the back of his head, Zayn could tell that his frined was being a but upset, but right now he was too distracted with his paints and superhero toys to really care. He was in the middle of drawing a picture of himself with his family when Trisha walked in behind him.