chapter 9

"What did I just say.." Jae started laughing. "That was a joke guys."

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND" Jamie turned on the car ceiling lights and looked back to glare at Jae.

His mouthed "what" and they started communicating with their eyes and hand gestures.

Why did you say that ?

It just came out without me thinking.

Oh well say something.

"Guys, you know Jimin doesn't even feel like a girl sometimes... I usually forget she's not my brother."

Jamie sighed and facepalmed herself. That was the best he could come up with ??

"Ok whatever happened between you two is not our business so can you just move this car you're blocking traffic." Brian asserted. "They've been honking at us."

Jamie started the car, turned off the light and cleared her throat.

"I guess Jae has been doing some weird things lately..." Wonpil mumbled.

"You're sitting right next to me." Jae glared at him. "That means I. can. hear. you."
~
Chaeyoung also got picked up but their manager had gone to pick up the girls from KBS first.

"I was wrong, he actually likes someone else." She whispered to Jeongyeon as they drove off.

"Did you ask him?" Jeongyeon whispered back.

Chaeyoung shook her head.

"Then how do you know?"

"He wrote a letter to her and I happened to read it." She replied and just the thought of it made her angry. "He's such an ass-"

"Wait you said dowoon gets lessons too? Are you talking about him??"

Chaeyoung looked surprised. "How did you guess right?"

Instead of replying, Jeongyeon gave a soft laugh and shook her head. She took out her phone and texted Brian.

Do you know who the letter was for.

~
When Brian received the message, his phone screen lit up the dark vehicle and caught everyone's attention.

"I guess you guys made up?" Jae asked in a mocking tone.

"It's none of your business." Brian shot back and read the message.

He texted back: I don't know that much. I'll ask him, hold up.

He texted dowoon: Who was the letter for?

The screen of dowoon's phone came on and now all the eyes in the backseat went to him.

He tried to cover it as he replied: IU.

Brian responded: IU?? How did that happen ?!

Dowoon: She's really sweet.

When Brian's screen lit up again with dowoon's reply, the members sensed something strange.

"You guys are really bad at hiding secrets." Wonpil spoke what was on everyone's mind.

~
The next morning, Jae woke up to see Brian seated on the floor with a bunch of scrunched-up papers around him.

"The fact that you're up early scares me."

"It's almost Valentines day." Brian sluggishly said to Jae as he yawned and stretched. "I have to do something for Jeongyeon."

"So you're writing...?"

"I wanted to make a short song or poem for her."

"That's sweet. What are you getting me?"

"Are we dating ?" Brian gave a sarcastic look.

"You can give your friends gifts too."

"Are we friends?"

"I hate you." Jae threw his head back on his pillow. "Is dowoon still sleeping?" He asked.

"Well when I stood up from my bed, he wasn't in here. Why? do you need him?"

"I don't, you had the lights on I thought it would bother him."
~
Dowoon was in line to get a box of cake from a popular bakery that Chaeyoung loved.

He went that early to avoid attracting any unwanted paparazzis, plus the bakery always had a long line of customers.

When he had bought the cake, he called Chaeyoung.

She didn't answer the first two times he called but he kept calling.

"What." She sounded sleepy and angry.

"Can you come to class right now."

"Do you know what time it is??! Class starts in three hours."

"I know but just come. I'll give you an hour."

"Why do I have to-"

"Please..."

"Ugh." She groaned and cut the call.

Dowoon quickly took a taxi to his class location and waited for Chaeyoung to arrive.

It wasn't up to an hour when he spotted her running in. He set the box down on the floor and opened his arms.

She unconsciously ran into his arms and he hugged her.

"I'm sorry." He said when she tried to free herself. "I didn't mean to offend you yesterday."

She pinched his side causing to whimper and let go of her. "Stop doing stuff like this... it confuses me."

"Do you forgive me?"

"Why did you call me here this early? I had to quietly sneak out without permission."

"Here." He picked up the box and handed it to her. "Your favorite."

She smiled and eagerly stretched her hand to take it, then she remembered she was supposed to be angry. "I didn't ask you to get this."

"But you love it."

"You bought it cause I love it?"

"Mhmm."

"Didn't you have to stand in line for a long time to get this? And this early too??"

"Mhmm."

Her jaw dropped instead of replying.

"I just want you to stop being mad." Dowoon said.

"Stop doing things like this." She sighed. "It's already hard for me to breathe."

"What do you mean?"

"Just stop," She handed the box back to him. "You can give it to IU, she'll love it."

"But I bought it for you."

"I don't want it." She lied and smiled. "Let's walk around until it's time for class." She said and started walking. She exhaled and tried to cheer herself up.