two

Ella

It's not a coincidence that I was given my father's case, and yet for once, I wish it was a coincidence. I've always received scraps in this department, whether it be cases or equipment. I've always been the runt of the force and treated as such. My entire career is build on old and unwanted cases, nothing truly fresh, and this case isn't any different. I'm told to be better detective, to do better. How am I supposed to do that when I'm not even given the chance to prove that I'm capable of such?

You can start by solving the case your father never could.

Where do I even start?

Taking a long sip of coffee, my eyes scan the last page of the interview transcript again. It's the fifth time I've read it this morning. There's something here, I know there is, and yet I've gotten nowhere with it. My gut is telling me that Ms. Williams is hiding something, I don't know what or why, but it's something important. Something that will help me solve this case.

I just have to figure out what that something is.

Page 4

1:25:13 pm

OFF. M. LORENZO: What happened next? You have to be entirely honest with me.

T. WILLIAMS: I am being honest. After I fell and hit my head, I don't remember much of what happened.

OFF.. M. LORENZO: Then what do you remember?

T. WILLIAMS: Um... it's really fuzzy... I'm not even sure if any of it makes sense.

OFF. A. ÁLVAREZ: That's okay, just tell us what you know.

T. WILLIAMS: Yeah just- just give me a moment.

1:28:56

OFF. A. ÁLVAREZ: Ms. Williams?

OFF. M. LORENZO: Señora?

T. WILLIAMS: I- I remember seeing Rowan. She was trying to help me get away from them.

OFF. M. LORENZO: Them? Who are them?

1:31:26 pm

OFF. M. LORENZO:

Are you going to tell us or do you expect us to hear your thoughts?

OFF. A ÁLVAREZ: Mora.

OFF. M. LORENZO: Sorry, Sorry. Please continue.

1:32:36 pm

OFF. A ÁLVAREZ: Ms. Williams, please continue.

1:35:49 pm

OFF. A ÁLVAREZ: Ms. Williams.

T. WILLIAMS: I- I don't remember anything else.

OFF. M. LORENZO: What? Just a few minutes ago-

T. WILLIAMS: I don't have anything else to say.

OFF. M. LORENZO: Señora-

T. WILLIAMS: I am done talking. Leave me alone.

OFF. A. ÁLVAREZ: Miss, I understand that you are having trouble with your memory, but please, you have to give us something. It's impossible to help you otherwise.