Gemraptors

Gemraptors are a species native to the Floral Forests of Dragonia. These beasts were originally genetically constructed for the War against Star Warriors, but later escaped confinement. As this species began to evolve, they became hostile towards anything that moves, breathes and lives.

There is a significant difference between the males and females.

Males are dark in colour, with a row of wave-like spines running along the back from the forehead to the base of the tail. The tail ends with a hooked, crystal-like stinger.

The venom it secretes spreads across the victims bloodstream when stung and begins to harden once it has completely distributed around the body. The hardened substance begins to slowly form crystals, which push towards the surface of the skin until it breaks out, giving the victim a slow and painful death. This can be reversed with powerful magic even if the victim is long dead.

The males hunt alone during the day, when their prey is more active.

Females, however, are more advanced than the males. Light in colour, the females have their gems embedded in their foreheads with the point sticking upwards. They have long curling horns resembling exaggerated eyelashes and have barbed sails jutting from their sides instead of the regular spines on the back. In place of claws, the females sport cloven hooves and lack a gem stinger.

Their talons are coated in a fine black powder, poisonous to Man and Beast alike. If you get even a scratch from the claws of this deadly beast, there is no hope for you. The only cure for this twist with death is the crushed gem of a female Gemraptor mixed with the gastric acids of a male Gemraptor . This mixture is hard to obtain, therefore, resulting with the deaths of many.

The females hunt in large packs of 10 - 20 members, led by their Alpha, which is usually the one with the largest sails.

Final Acknowledgments:
These beasts are not to be meddled with. Upon discovering one of these creatures, male or female, RUN.

I hope this lengthens your understanding of these creatures ChocoChicken .