Spider-Man: Field Trip To Home

Disclaimer: I do not own anything recognizable.

Peter was having a bad day. It was the one year anniversary from when his Aunt May died. He had officially lost all of his blood relatives. His mom, his dad, his uncle, and his aunt, they had all died.

When his Aunt May had found out that he was Spider-Man, she set limits on when he could go out. He wasn't allowed to go before a big test or if he had already gone out 5 nights in a row. It was one of those nights when it had happened. He had been out for too many days in a row and he had a chemistry chapter test on top of that. May was working a double-shift that night and was coming home late because of that and Peter was at home studying for his test. It was late that night, around 11 o' clock, when she had finally finished and was able to go home. She had been crossing a street that wasn't far from her work when a car came speeding around the corner and hit her. She had died upon impact.

At midnight, Peter had started to get a little worried. May had been due home at around 11:30 and there was still no sign of her. As time continued to pass by, he had continually gotten more anxious and had started pacing the floor. At 1 a.m. he had contacted Mr. Stark. He had been given his phone number for emergencies only. After four rings, Mr. Stark had answered the phone.

"Kid, what the heck are you doing calling me at 1 a.m.?! Is something the matter?" Mr. Stark had said, sounding tired.

"I'm sorry Mr. Stark! I know I shouldn't be calling you at this time of night or unless something is really wrong but I'm really worried. Aunt May should have been home hours ago and she's not!" Peter had said all in one breath.

'Woah, woah, slow down kid. What time was she supposed to be home?"

"About 11:30," Peter said, worry slipping into his voice.

"And she's still not there?" Mr. Stark asked, starting to sound concerned.

"No! Can you help me find out what's going on?" Peter asked.

"Sure thing kiddo. Let me call you back in a couple of minutes." Mr. Stark hung up the phone.

When Mr. Stark found out and informed Peter of what had happened, Peter was devastated. He collapsed into a sobbing wreck on the floor. Mr. Stark tried to comfort him and eventually ended up bringing him back to the tower. When it was discovered that Peter had no one to take him in, he offered to adopt Peter. Shocked, but incredibly grateful he wouldn't have to go into foster care, Peter accepted on two conditions. One, the news that Mr. Stark had adopted a kid didn't go public, and two, that he could keep his last name as Parker. Mr. Stark had agreed to his conditions and soon the proper paperwork was filed. He moved into his own room in the tower and eventually settled in. He continued to patrol, now doing it every night, to prevent what had happened to his family from happening to anyone else. After about a month of grieving, he realized that Aunt May was never coming back and had settled into his new life.

Now, on the anniversary of Aunt May's death, he understandably not in a good mood. Flash had tried bothering him earlier but he had just walked away. Ned and M.J. were his saviors. They were being understanding and not letting anyone bother him. He was zoned out at his desk in class when all of a sudden the class started jumping and cheering. The sudden noise hurt his overly sensitive ears and confused him. He looked to his friends to find they were looking at him in pity.

"What's going on?" Peter asked Ned and M.J., now even more confused.

"I'm sorry man," Ned started. "Mr. Davis just announced our junior field trip."

"So? What's the big deal? Normally it's somewhere lame."

"It's to Stark Industries," Ned said quietly. On any other day, M.J. would have been drawing the distressed look on Peter's face to add to her 'Peter in Crisis' collection. Peter groaned and his head fell to the desk. 'Why me? Why do things like this always happen to me' Peter thought. Mr. Davis passed out the field trip permission slips and school was released for the day.