14.

I was woken up by my phone repeatedly going off. It took my half-asleep brain a few moments to process that it was my phone which only made the situation worse and more messages were piling up.

'Ping' 'Ping' 'Ping' 'Ping' 'Ping' 'Ping' 'Ping' 'Ping'

Without looking, I moved my hand over my nightstand and patted around for my phone. When my fingers were around it, I held my arm up and unlocked it. For a second my eyes went up to the corner of the screen to check the time. 6:28 am. I let out an aggravated groan before I looked at the sender and the messages. Indigo. Boy was she going to pay for this one later.

Indigo: Kat! We have a problem!

Indigo: Celeste announced to us that she banished you and stripped you of all your titles and is looking for someone to replace you

Indigo: What are we going to do?!

Indigo: Wake up and talk to me!

Indigo: I have questions and concerns!

Indigo: Hello??!?!!?

Indigo: Katalin!!!!!!

Indigo: Answer meeeeeeeeeeee

Katalin: Yes, I know. Amadeus was at the meeting yesterday. I'm staying here in the Dragon Lands seeing as I don't really have anywhere else to go. I don't have any answers to your questions, I don't know what's going on. Now I am going back to sleep.

I saw her start typing again and I braced myself for a long, novel-esque message but thankfully that isn't what I got.

Indigo: Alright, alright. I'll see if I can try to get any answers for myself, we'll talk soon!

I set my phone back on my nightstand and got myself comfortable once more

When I woke up again it was voluntarily. I took a second to look around and based on the bright sun streaming through my window, it was already the afternoon. I slipped into jeans and a hoody and went on a search for Amadeus. I asked the first staff member I came across and they lead me down a hall and to a wooden door. I knocked twice before letting myself in. Amadeus was seated at his desk hunched over a bunch of papers. I slipped into a chair across from him and pulled myself a little closer to the desk.

"I hope you got enough sleep." He teased.

"I didn't mean to sleep so late; I had Indigo blowing up my phone at sunrise. She thinks that mother might still be going through with trying to break the connection." I responded.

"What do you think?" He asked.

"I don't know what to think," I sighed. "There's no telling what sort of deal she has with Zara but this could be the end of it since she's announced that she's cutting ties with me."

"I guess we have to wait and see what happens." He said. "I don't like it, but we don't have any other choice."

"What are you up to?" I asked wanting to change the subject.

"Paperwork from council. It's for us being reinstated, I already sent in most of the information when I applied for it but now, they need layouts of the Lands for maps and every record I have for the last bazillion years."

"It'll be done before you know it. Just pull all the records you need first and then sit and fill everything out, just be sure to keep it all organized so there isn't any confusion."