Chapter 1

Rainy

" I still can't believe this motherfucka' put his hands on me", Rainy said while taking a hit off her blunt..  I just stared at my friend and rubbed her shoulder as she told me about her and her child's father fight earlier". I felt sorry for rainy..  She was only 17 with a three year old son.

We were seniors in high school, She had put her dreams on hold to take care of her son with a man she thought would take care of her. Everything was perfect in the beginning, all up until she got pregnant. Then everything changed.

I just shook my head. "Rainy you need to leave him alone and focus on you and Jaden".. I said feeling sorry for her son. He was just a innocent child being born in a world of chaos.

Rainy was beautiful..
   She stood 5'6, medium complected sun kissed skin, a set of brown freckles graced her cheeks.. And her shoulder length dark brown hair fell down her back.

" It's not that easy." She said softly wiping the tears flowing down her freckled cheeks, she looked in the mirror of her mothers car examining the purple ring around her eye.

Rex was Rainy's baby's father and also her first love, Rex was known to sleep around with other females. He was also very jealous, insecure, and known to have a bad temper. Rex got a lot of female attention because of his looks, and he had that devil dick. You know that dick so good it will fuck up your life.

   He relied on other women to take care of him, and females was stupid enough to fall for his lies. They would pay his phone bills, by him clothes, shoes, jewelry, hell anything he wanted. I guess he just had it like that.

"I'm sick of him putting his hands on you rain!" I sad angrily.

"I'm definitely not going to school tomorrow, not looking like this." she huffed folding her arms.

"Rain, you can't keep missing days in school, they gon' kick you out". I said expressing my concern.

She just looked at me and looked back at her blackened eye then took the last pull off her blunt.

********************************************

Heavenly

After chopping it up with Rainy she dropped me off at home, We stayed in the projects. We moved here a year ago because my mom couldn't afford to live in our home in the suburbs. Her medical bills and medications were costing a lot of money and her health caused her to lose her job . She use to be an accountant.

That all changed when she got diagnosed with breast cancer 6 months ago. My father died when I was two years old. My older brother took on the role as the man of the house.He is my everything, he is all I got.

  I walked up the stairs in our apartment building ,the smell of urine and weed smacked me in the face. I held my nose as I made it up the stairs to my apartment door.

I opened the door to see my brother Jesus sat at the kitchen table counting his money.

"How was school?" he said dryly.

"Fine, where's mama? " I said looking around Our small apartment.

" She's in the hospital, the doctor kept her again, she had a bad reaction to the chemo she got this morning. " he said sadly.

I sighed and walked to my room. I threw my book bag on the floor and closed my door,grabbed my diary and started writing.

********************************

I ran into school, I was running late for class. My bus was 10 minutes late and we got stopped by a train. As i ran to my locker I accidentally bumped into this tall medium build dark skinned guy.