Chapter Twenty One

Chapter Twenty One

A few weeks later none of the nations still hadn't noticed he was gone. He didn't really mind. He got to put his work off and rest up. Matthew didn't expect anyone to notice for another couple of months. He wondered who would notice first. He assumed it would be France, Romano, Russia or America. By then he hoped to be back to his old self. Canada felt a lot better than he did. He was up to a healthy weight and didn't feel as unstable as before. He hadn't had another panic attack yet.

Gilbert had left for a meeting a couple of days ago. He had been worried to leave the blond alone. The albino tried to convince him to go with him, but he wouldn't. Matthew told him his plan and convinced him he was going to be fine without him. He was still reluctant to go and had called him multiple times when he was away. The Canadian appreciated it, but he really was fine on his own. He had even gone out and did a mission for the Kingsman.

Matthew was sitting outside reading. It was a nice warm autumn evening in the sun, it was cool in the shade. He hummed happily at the gentle wind and warmth on his skin. He set his book down and laid out on the grass. He loved autumn and it meant winter was just around the corner. He had gone skating a couple of time since Flicker. He was really thinking of teaching kids in the winter again.

The Canadian looked up hearing quiet footsteps. He smiled seeing a little white fluff ball walking up to him. The cub sniffed his hand and crawled onto his chest. He licked his chin and curled up on him.

"Hello, Yuma." Canada said quietly petting the cub. "How was your summer?"

"Good. Lots of snow." Kumajirou yawned. The blond laughed lightly. "How was yours?"

"It's a long story." Matthew mumbled running his hands through the bear's fur.

"I've got time." The bear hummed resting his head on his chest. Canada sighed and started into the story. Kumajirou was one of his best friends and he deserved to know. The cub rested his chin on his hand as he talked. "I'm sorry, Natt."

"There's nothing you could have done." The blond sighed petting the cub. "You hungry?"

"Always!" Kumajirou said hopping off him. Matthew laughed grabbing his book and rolling onto his feet. He followed the cub to the door and opened it for him. They went into the kitchen and searched to find some form of fish. He eventually found a can.

"It's not fresh, but it'll work." Canada said handing him the opened can. The cub took it carefully in his paws. The Canadian smiled, he was so cute.

"Thank you!" Kumajirou hummed munching on the fish.

"I'll have to go into town to get you some better stuff later." Matthew said. He left him to eat going to do house work. He changed the sheets and grabbed the towels. He gathered their dirty clothes and started laundry. He hummed contently as he went along. Kumajirou had started to follow him around once he had finished eating.

Prussia was supposed to be back tomorrow. He had pretty much moved in with him. He hadn't been to Germany since he had found him. Canada didn't mind having him around, he loved having him.

The blond sighed and looked at the clock. It was getting late. He sat and watched tv for a while. Kumajirou had jumped up and laid with him. He fell asleep on the couch and woke up when the cub hopped off him. He sat up and turned the tv off going up to bed. He changed into his pyjamas and crawled into bed. Kumajirou hopped up and cuddled closely to his back as he fell asleep.

-❄️"Why can't I find someone who loves being with me, as is, as much as I love being with them?"❄️-

The next morning, Matthew woke up when Kumajirou jumped off the bed. He glanced at the clock and groaned seeing it was just after seven. He rolled over and pulled the covers over his head. He sighed contently falling back asleep.

Hours later he felt a light thump on the edge of the bed and a zipper opening slowly trying not too make to much sound. A small smile spread across his face knowing Gilbert was back. He moved the covers peaking out and watched him sleepily. The Prussian didn't notice he was being watched as he unpacked. He finished unpacking and turned back to the bed.

"Oh!" Prussia gasped seeing his eyes looking at him. "I didn't know jou vere awake."

"I noticed." Matthew said. His voice was thick with sleep. The albino smiled pulling his empty suitcase off the bed. He walked back over as the blond uncovered himself. "How was your trip?"

"Too long." Gilbert sighed sitting on the bed next to him. "I missed jou."

"I missed you too Gilly." Canada hummed as the Prussian brushed some hair out of his face. He smiled up at him and reached out ghosting his fingers along his neck and jaw. Gilbert hummed leaning into his touch. His hands moved into his hair as he leaned down.

Matthew smiled into the kiss. Prussia gently cupped his jaw. He tilted his head to give the other a better angle. The albino bit his lip asking for entrance. The Canadian immediately allowed him in. Gilbert rolled on to his hands and knees over Canada pinning him to the bed not breaking away. They hadn't intended for the kiss to become heated, but it did quickly. The Canadian tentatively slipped his hands under the albino's shirt lightly tracing his stomach. Prussia broke apart humming and kissing along his jaw and neck. He lingered on kissing the scar. He sat back with a sigh looking over him with a smile.

"I love jou, Birdie." Gilbert said admiring him. He noticed the Canadian's expression shift.

"I'm sorry." Matthew said not meeting his eyes. His face was flushed bright red and he bit his lip nervously.

"Vhy?" The albino asked completely confused. He wondered if he pushed his boundaries. He sat back as the blond sat up. He looked down folding his hands in his lap.

"I don't give you what you want." Canada muttered. Gilbert smiled softly understanding what he was talking about. He carefully cupped his face making him look up at him. "I just don't..."

"Liebe, it's okay. I don't care about that." Prussia sighed as the blond met his eyes. "If I vas that bothered by jou being ace don't jou think I vould have left as soon as jou told me?"

"Maybe you think I'll change or you can change me." Matthew said quietly. The Prussian sighed.

"I don't vant to change jou. Jou're perfect the way jou are. Jou don't ever need to change for me. If jou do, tell me jour boundaries. I don't vant to hurt or scare jou." Gilbert said reassuringly. He took the Canadian's hands in his. "I don't need sex to be happy or to survive, but I'm pretty sure I need jou, Birdie."

A small smile spread across Canada's face. "Thank you." He said with tears in his eyes. Prussia smiled as well hugging him tightly. "I love you so much."

"I love jou too." Gilbert said pressing a kiss to his forehead.