Ch 7 : A hell-bound 'home'

Angel reached a big mansion as she led out a heavy sigh

Yes, I'm home

She entered through the huge door and was greeted by her mother on the door.

"Angel, honey! Where have you been? It's so lat-" she paused after seeing the wounds on her face, "Wh-what's wrong? How did all this happen?"

"I fell down from the staircase, " Angel bluntly blurted out.

"How dear? Where else are you hurt? Did someone push you?"

"It's nothing so you don't need to worry, " she said as she started walking towards her room.

"It is a matter of worry to me, " her mother said, "get in the car, we're going to the hospital."

"No lady we aren't, " Angel said rudely.

"We are, " her mother said again as she pulled Angel by her hand whilst Angel tried to loosen the grip.

"If she says that she doesn't need it then don't force her mother, " a black haired guy said while coming down the staircase.

"But look at her, she's hurt, " the mother said.

"MOM! YOU ONLY EVER LOOK AT HER! YOU'RE TALKING TO ME! LOOK AT ME, " the boy shouted.

The mother looked up at her son, "What is it?"

"Mom, you really don't see anything? You don't see this bruises and blood stained hands?" the boy said.

"Ah! Did you get hurt? It's alright, it's not that bad. Patch it up yourself, " she turned the other side, "Ange- " but Angel had already went up to her room.

"Mom, you really don't see me. Your child, you consider that girl as your child and not me, " the boy said.

"Mason! Mason! " the mother shouted as Mason went upstairs.

"So it is true... " the mother, Rivera, sighed to herself, "I've lost both of them."

She went up to Angel's room and saw her on her bed, sleeping.

"Idiot, " Rivera mumbled to herself as she pulled up her blankets and kissed her on the forehead.

She took out a first aid and started patching up the wounds on her face.

"You know right that you can't lie to me?" the mother said, almost to herself.

She patched up the last wound on her face and left with a sweet "Goodnight"

Angel opened her eyes. A silent tear traced its way through her placid cheeks. 

"Why are you so nice to me even after all the pain I've put you through?" she whisper-mumbled to herself, "Goodnight...

Lady..."

"Having no home is better than having a fake 'home'"- Angel Edens