Chapter Eleven

Next update....10 votes?

“How’d it go, Char?” Mom asked as I walked through the front room tugging off my jacket. “You two all set for tomorrow?” I looked back at Kellan as he pulled Jamie out of her car seat gently.

“Jamie is growing well. They want me to continue breast feeding her and giving her the bottle. They cleaned her for the flights. I have the note incase anything happens.” I put the diaper bag down on the floor. We just got back from Jamie’s two week check-up. I took Jamie to the doctor for a checkup a couple days after she was born and they put her on a diet of some formula as well as me breast feeding her.

“That’s good.” Mom smiled walking into the room. I smiled at her taking the cup of tea she handed me.

“How did your appointment go?” Kellan kissed my head as he walked into the kitchen to make a bottle for Jamie who was lounging in his arms.

“They want me to get a CAT scan when I get back to Cali to make sure my fall didn’t cause any long turn damage.” I shrugged. “Otherwise I got my stitches removed.” I took a sip of my tea.

“Baby can you help me?” I smiled walking into the kitchen to see the formula spilled on the counter.

“Let me do it.” I laughed at him as I made the bottle for him. “Go sit down. I’ll much us lunch. We need to talk about what we are going to do when we get back to California.” He kissed me gently before going back into the living room. I made sandwiches as my mom came into the room.

“I have to get going. Will you two be alright? I won’t be long.” I nodded at her.

“Thank you Mom.” I hugged her. “Go, we’ll be okay.” She gave me a kiss on the head before walking out.  I took the sandwiches and grabbed us two bottles of water. I walked into the living room and sat down on the chair as Kellan put Jamie in her bouncer. “Did she drink it?” He showed me the bottle.

“Not much, but I’m sure she’ll want some later on.” I nodded handing him the sandwich. I took a deep breath. “We have to figure out what we are going to do.”

“I know.” I picked at the crust on my bread. “I’m just nervous about this all.” He cocked his head taking a bite of his.

“Of what?” I sighed.

“That we’re going to go back and everything is going to change. That something is going to happen and we aren’t going to be close.” I looked up at him from my food. “I want our daughter to grow up in a happy household.”

“I don’t want to lose you two.” I blinked at him.

“I would never take her away from you, Kellan. She’s your baby too. I couldn’t do that to you.” He nodded.

“I know, Char. I can’t lose you. I still love you.” I looked at Jamie as she lay quietly snuggled in the blanket around her.

“I don’t want this to end. Us being a family.” I sighed before running a hand through my hair. He took a sip of his water.

“We can live in my house. You can make the nursery, designer to your taste.” I bit my lip. “You can even redesign the entire house if you don’t like it. I want to be there for everything. Just like we’ve been doing now, I don’t want it to end. I want us under one roof. I want to be there when my daughter grows up. I want to watch her.” I nodded at him as I fought the tears.

“I’m not trying to take her away from you.” I covered my mouth as I yawned. Kellan ran a hand through his hair.

“I know you don’t want to.” He stood up and pulled me to him.