Chapter Twenty-One

30 votes till the next chapter? Sorry it's so short!

Enjoy <3

“How are you feeling, Baby?” Kellan asked as he walked out of the bathroom. I put my good arm over my eyes. “That bad?” He smiled laying back down on the bed putting his arm over me.

“Shut up.” I mumbled putting my head on his shoulder.

“Do you want me to go get you some pain pills and make you all comfy?” I nodded trying not to breath too much as my chest was burning again. He kissed my head before walking downstairs. I closed my eyes as I listened to Kellan’s footsteps as he walked back upstairs.

“Where’s Jamie?” I asked as he handed me a glass of water and my pills.

“My mom is downstairs with her. She wants you to rest. She’ll bring her up when you’re ready.” He sat down and stroked my hair. “How are you feeling baby?” He asked stroking my hair as I leaned back down after taking my pills.

“I’ll feel better soon.” I smiled at him. He leaned down to kiss me.

“I love you.” He pulled the blanket up to my chin. I smiled at him weakly.

“I love you too.” He kissed my head.

“I’m going to go to work for a little bit alright. I’m just going to go take care of something then I’ll be back.” He pointed to my cell phone on the night stand next to the glass of water and my bottle of pills. “You can call me if you need anything. I’m not going to be going anywhere but the Fire House.” He kissed me again. He tucked me in, putting the blankets and extra pillows around me. He put the remote to the TV in my hand.

“Thank you.” I smiled as my eyes grew heavy from my medication.

“I’ll be back soon. I promise.” He smiled as I fell into a restless sleep…..

                                               *******

It’s been a couple a weeks since the fire. I healed quickly and was off my medication after my ribs were healed. I spent time with my mom will she was here as she fawned over Jamie. I was given time off from work, well I was told I was not allowed near my computer till I got the okay from the doctor. It was refreshing. Not having to worry about work even just for a little bit. “Are you ready for your doctor appointment, Charlotte?” My mom called up the stairs.

“Yeah, Mom.” I called down wiping my mouth with a piece a toilet paper. I hate throwing it. The doctor is saying it is a side effect of one of my medications because of my skin graphs, which I had to get a couple days after the fire. Antibiotic screw with your stomach.

“Charlotte, you are going to be late.” My mom called. I brushed my teeth quickly before I washed my face. I had to go to my checkup appointment today to see how my legs are healing as they were the worst as they were in the flames. Kellan was at work so mom was staying home with Jamie.

“I’m coming.” I walked down stairs as my mom handed me a piece of toast.

“You’ll feel better soon.” She rubbed my back as Jamie cooed from her highchair.

“I know.” I walked over kissing Jamie’s head as she put her hands on my face. “Mommy will be back soon.” I picked up my keys and went to the car texting Kellan I was going. He’s been trying to pick up more shifts to make us some more money while I’m off work. I told him I’d just pick up some work and we had a fight about it. I’ll tell you, it wasn’t pretty. I drove to the doctor making it just in time. I sat down pulling out my to-do list on my phone to see what I had to do.

“Charlotte Palmer?” I looked up as the nurse smiled at me. I got up walking with her to one of the exam rooms. “The doctor will be right with you.” She smiled at me before walking out. I clicked away on my phone as the door opened.

“Hey Charlie, how are you feeling this week?” He smiled at me sitting down in his chair.

“I’m still getting sick from the medication. But I feel better; my legs don’t hurt as much.” He nodded looking at something on my chart.

“You remember doing the blood work the other day to check to see if you were still malnourished?” I nodded.

“Is something wrong?” His face was a thin line. My palms started to sweat. He looked up at me.

“Well it is up to interpretation.” I frowned at him.

“You’re scaring me.” I ran my hand over my jeans watching him.

“You’re pregnant, Charlotte.” He gave me a half smile. “It wasn’t the medication making you sick, Sweetheart. It was morning sickness.” I ran my hand over my face.

“I just had a baby. This can’t be right.” He sighed.

“I’m sorry. If it was a test, it could be. But this is blood. It’s not wrong.” I ran a hand through my hair.

“I don’t know if I’m ready to have another baby so soon.” He sighed opening the draw next to him.

“Lay back.” I laid back on the bed as he walked over to me pulling up my shirt to my belly button. He put the end of the handheld machine to my stomach and moved it around turning it on. A thumping came through the little speakers in his hands. “There you go. Your baby’s heartbeat.” I put my hand over my mouth as I listened to the little thumping.

“Another baby.” He smiled at me.

“You two need to be careful when you get frisky. I told you this. But do you listen? Nope.” He laughed. I giggled at him through the shock of having another baby on the way.

“I can’t believe I’m pregnant.” I sighed. “Oh god what is Kellan going to say?” He shrugged.

“Go talk to the man. He’s an amazing father. I’m sure he will be an amazing father again.” I nodded as he smiled.

“You’ll be fine. Go talk to him. You’ll be fine. Talk it out with him.” I could feel the tears coming on.

“What if he doesn’t want me because I’m pregnant again?” He sat down on his chair.

“Charlie, it’s still his baby growing in you…again.” He crossed his arms leaning on the bed. “It takes two to tango. It not just you’re doing of getting pregnant. He still had a part in it.”

“I know, but…” He nodded.

“Kellan isn’t that much of an asshole to leave the two of you because the two went to three.” He patted my hand. “Now let’s check your legs.” The rest of the appointment when quickly and I was making my way over to the Fire House to talk to Kellan. I picked up lunch and knocked on the door ready to tell him we were going to be parents again. The door opened.

“Charlotte, I was just going to call you.” Will’s face was pale as he stared at me. His face was ashen as he stared at me. “Oh Charlie.” The tears pooled in my eyes as I looked pasted him at the firefighters shaking their heads.

“What happened?” He shook his head.

“Something bad happened, something really, really bad happened.” I dropped the food as I stared at them. Something happened to Kellan. They were all back, but he wasn’t. Oh no. Oh god no. 

Don't forget to Vote, Comment, and Fan!!