Butterflies 2

Pairing: Alex Høgh Andersen x Reader

Word count: 3,422

Warnings: Soulmate AU, fluff

Requested: No.

Summary: They say you can see your soulmate in your dreams... They also say when you see colored footprints when you're near the other... What happens when Y/N finally meets her soulmate? Do things turn out well or does something bad happen like she expected?

You turned a corner to walk into another part of the garden and felt your heart begin to race as you saw the footprints leading to the other side of the open space where you couldn't see. You took a minute to calm your nerves before you continued and did what Lexi told you, just breathe. Beginning to slowly walk again, you were looking around the garden as you walked in the direction of the footprints and rounded another corner to see someone facing away from you with a camera hanging off his shoulder. He begins to turn and you feel your breath hitch in your throat. You know it's the same guy from your dream, you remember the side of his face. You move closer to the side of the garden wall as you watch him lift his camera and begin to take pictures of the butterflies in front of him, some flying, some perched on flowers or bird baths or other fixtures. After a few snaps, you see a bright blue butterfly, that had been floating up close to him for a bit, land on the side of his camera. You smiled as you watched him pull slowly back from the viewfinder, trying not to startle the butterfly, and smile as he watched the small insect on his lens. When he looked up from the camera, his eyes met yours.

You felt your stomach flip and suddenly you forgot how to breathe. You didn't know what to do, so naturally, you panic and look away as you begin to walk around the garden again. You hear footsteps walking close to you and you feel your heart pick up again as you try to take a breath. You reach the end of the wall and can't walk any further, so you stop and look around at the fixtures, statues and fountains around you as you try to calm your nerves. You hear the footsteps walking up lightly behind you and you take a deep breath as you close your eyes. When you open them, your eyes on the ground, you see the feet walking around to stand in front of you as you bring your eyes up to meet the most intense pair of crystal blue eyes you've ever seen. You feel your breath hitch in your throat as you watch him slowly smile at you. Tucking a strand of hair that's escaped the messy bun on top of your head, you return his smile before he speaks.

"I'm sorry for just stepping in front of you like this, but I didn't want to just grab you from behind and startle you," you hear him say.

"I-it's okay," you say softly, amazed that you can get anything out at all.

"It's you.... I-i can't believe it's really you.... You're really here," you hear him say with the biggest smile on his face causing you to blush.

"Yea," you laugh a little. "I'm here..." you say as you wring your hands together. "I'm sorry... I'm just really nervous," you explain.

"Why? What do you have to be nervous of?" he asks you.

"Honestly?" you ask him as he nods his head. "Well... I didn't really believe in all of this until I started having the dreams," you explain with a laugh. He nods his head in understanding before his eyes meet yours again.

"I know a few of my friends that were like that as well," he tells you.

"Really?" you ask.

"Yea, then like you said, the dreams started and when they hit the footprint stage, they knew they couldn't deny it," he laughed.

"I knew before that, I was just nervous is all... I've never had good luck with relationships," you confess.

"What makes you say that? I'm Alex, by the way" he asks as he holds his hand out to you. You lay your hand in his and walk with him as he leads you over to sit on a nearby bench in the shade of the trees.