Walk a Path of Flowers

When Shouta got home he immediately locked his door and took off his shoes.

He didn't bother saying any greeting since he lived alone in his apartment. Shouta's mother was working overseas and his father abandoned them when he was still a baby so he was used to the silence.

Opening the door to his room he flopped himself on the bed and threw his bag beside him. He let his back rest on the bed and placed his hand over his eyes.

He felt his throat go itchy again and knew a coughing fit was going to happen again.

He sat up straight and started to cough. Nothing came out at first but then a few coughs later two pink petals fell out.

Shouta's eyes widen then he immediately approached his computer and turned it own. The light formed from the computer completely lit up his dark room and irritated his sensitive eyes.

When the loading finally stop he opened up G**g** and research what the hell was wrong with him.

-What kind of disease has symptoms of coughing flower petals-

Shouta typed in and due to the slow wifi he had to wait for a while and then the answer pop in his view. He clicked a website that was first in line and read the contents of it then he felt devastation spread to every inch of his body.

'Oh God, please no no no no no no.......this can't be happening!!!!"

Is what Shouta thought when he read the answer.

He felt his blood freeze and choke on a cry. It was the end for him. Dying because of his own stupidity.

Tears started to form in his eyes in shock and he bit his lips hard enough it started to bleed.

Of all the thing that could fucking happen, this had to happen to him.

His voice hitch and he let out a heart wrenching sob, he cried his heart out and cursed at how unfair the world is.

Shouta felt an immense pain in his chest and his head was a mess. Thinking, blaming, and wishing that this was just a nightmare tore his head apart.

He covered his face and pushed his hair away from his wet face that was streaming with tears.

'Why why why why why why why w-why did this happen!!?!'

He cursed out loud then tried to stand up but his legs failed him and he fell to the floor sobbing.

He felt as if his chest and mind was being torn apart. Shouta thinks of this as his punishment. For even thinking about liking his bestfriend.

The only person that didn't gave up on him and considered him important person. Hizashi had been their for him through alot of things since he met the boy and the loud teen had help him among all of it.

Now his pay back is this. He shouldn't have said yes when Hizashi asked him to eat lunch with him for the 60th time, he shouldn't have had let him call him Shouta, He shouldn't have even let Hizashi near him!!!!

But............he knew if he was given a another chance he couldn't(wouldn't) have changed a thing and he would come back to Hizashi, begging for that warmth and happiness the blond gave him that even his mother couldn't provide.

Shouta stayed there on the floor crying and blaming himself for hours when he heard his phone beeped.

He looked at the time and saw that it was already 1:28 AM.
Shouta wiped the tears from his eyes and looked at who messaged him.

From: Hizashi

— Hey!! Shouta what u doing! Can't sleep :P
Thinking about our math test tommorow.  I think i'll flip it
(T▽T)   
                                   -1 minute ago

"Hizashi"

Shouta barely whispered, the raven head's voice was still sore from crying so his voice was still rough and cracked.

Shouta tried to typed back an answer but he was just too exhausted. So he just let the phone slip from his hand as he curled up and hugged his knees to his chest.

He thought about UA bitterly. How was he supposed to be a hero now when he couldn't live pass this year?

How was he supposed to say this his friends? His mother? Or Hizashi?

'Wait! Hizashi'

Shouta shot up from his position and sat properly.

'Oh shit, I can't let Hizashi know about about this! He'll beg me to tell him who i'm in love with then i'll be force to answer that its him and he'll feel fucking guilty'

Shouta's devastated at the idea of Hizashi blaming himself over his death.

He settled himself up on the idea of not letting anyone know about his disease and letting the flower grow on his lungs.

He and his mother are barely scrapping by and a proof of that was the computer in front of him that was beaten up and an old hand-me-down from their former neighbor that moved out a year ago from the apartment.

So they can't afford surgery and their was no way that Hizashi can like him back so his cornered.

Shouta feels guilty though. He was living behind his mother who worked to the bone to raise him and he couldn't even pay her back. He was living behind his dream of being a hero, living behind his friends and Hizashi.

He sighed and laughed bitterly, the pain,sadness and self-ridicule was very noticeable in the laughter.

Shouta collapsed on his bed and felt his eyes go heavy. He silently felt amused by the fact that when he was finally dying, thats the time his body decides to let him sleep properly.

But before he let sleep take over him he took a glimpse of what was displayed on the computer screen.

————————————————————————————————

Hanahaki Disease
is a disease in which the victim coughs up flower petals when they suffer from one-sided love. It ends when the beloved returns their feelings (romantic love only; strong friendship is not enough), or when the victim dies. It can be cured through surgical removal, but when the infection is removed, the victim's romantic feelings for their love also disappear.

————————————————————————————————

Shouta closed his eyes and clutched the 2 pink petals that he coughed up earlier. The meaning of the flower clearly mocking him.

  ————Carolina Rose————