Chapter 4- Beta

Beta

-----------------------

Rae's POV

I know exactly who is attacking both of our packs. I just can't tell Kassius, it will break him. My wolf and I are torn between telling our mate and saying nothing... We just don't know what to do.

"Luna" my Beta bows her head. "I came right away, are you OK?" I wrap her in a big hug, I've missed Charlotte a lot in the past day or two. "I'm fine Char, don't worry about me. How is the pack? Is everything OK down your end or do I have to tell Kassius to sort his men out?" I know my best friend will not hesitate to let me know what's going on.

"Things are OK. Originally they were horrible but they are becoming friendlier by the day." She has this far away look in her eyes. I've never seen her look so happy before. "Have you met your mate?" She grins and I wink at her. "So what's his name? Tell me all about him!" I say excitedly.

Before she can say a word Kassius strolls in followed by Alfie and Stella. "I think we have more important matters to discuss don't you think?"

"Yes, Char, I called you here to give you an update on the attacks we've been experiencing lately." She nods in acknowledgement.. "After I came here a child was murdered. This means that we haven't been attacking each other this past month. Our packs need to work together in order to ensure our safety and so today we are going to put in place extra security. Kassius?" I leave Kassius to continue.

The meeting goes on for several hours but once it is over our plans are perfect, or as perfect as we are going to get them. Border patrol will increase and both packs with sign an agreement saying that we will work together on this. Char has gone home to look after our pack.

Things with Kassius and I are definitely interesting. I do love him, my wolf loves him but I'm a single woman. My pack and I pride ourselves in being the only pack in the world to be lead solely by women. It's what gives my pack the advantage because everyone underestimates us. 

I also can't but Kassius in more danger than I already have. He doesn't know what's coming for us, he doesn't know what they are capable of and at the same time I have also endangered both of our packs.There has already been twenty deaths in the last month, how many more are coming?

I have to fix this. No one else can die.

-------------------------------------------

I know I haven't posted for a week but I'm in year ten now so I have to put my GCSE's first. I've also said to people that I would read their stories so I have to do that too. I'm going to try put another chapter up tonightt otherwise maybe tomorrow or Tuesday.

EDITED but as always let me know of mistakes. Feedback is always good.

S xxx