Chapter 1: The Clan Shall Rise

• Opgedragen aan The Skype Group

Quick Author's Note: Hey guys! Hopefully Steven doesn't kill me for posting this a few days early, but i really want to update this since then you kinda have a feel for what may happen in this story. I really hope you guys end up liking this story. Steven and i started this in the summer because we were bored and were goofing off on Google Docs. Anyway i really hope you like this story and im sorry the chapters may be a bit long. I tend not to stop typing once im started and get on a roll. So yeah. Enjoy!

Steven’s POV

    I woke up to the sound of coughing. There was dust and ash in my lungs from the surrounding area. I began to look around. The hotel was in absolute rubble. Not a single part of it was standing. I was able to get up and move. I couldn’t scream or react very well. The shock was a cloak surrounding me. I began to move pieces around looking for any one of my roommates.

    “Kieran? Jeff?” I coughed. “Link? Cj?” I moved a piece of the wall to see a hand connected to a very small wrist. “Shane?” I moved the rubble more only to see a bell hop. I couldn’t tell if she was still breathing, but there wasn’t a single sign of movement. I suddenly heard coughing.

    “Steven?” It sounded like Jeff. I started heading toward his voice. We met up toward what once was,the entrance of the hotel.

    “Have you found anyone else?” I asked.

“I haven’t.”

“Let’s split up and see if we can find anyone.” I said.

“If we find anyone, we’ll let the other know.”

“Got it.” We headed off in our own separate ways. I continued looking for the remainder of our roommates.

As the sun disappeared, Jeff and I returned with Link and Cj.

“Anything from Kieran?” Link asked.

“Not a word.” The 4 of us stared at the ground. We began to head out of the wreckage when we heard a rustling.

“Kieran?” We called out. There was a coughing sound coming off in the distance.

“At least you guys are okay.” Kieran said. His arm was in a makeshift sling he made out of a shirt.

“Hey, did Shane ever show up?” Jeff asked.

“I never got a message from her.” Link said sadly.

“Do you think she even made it here?” Kieran asked.

“Let’s get some stuff for a fire.” Link said. I started off and found pieces of doors and desks. I saw a pair of headlights. I started walking toward it.

“Hey!” I screamed. The vehicle stopped and a head popped out of the window.

“Steven?” I heard a female voice.

“Shane?” I walked toward the vehicle. It was a black Jeep.

“Did all hell break loose when you guys arrived here?” She said with a smile.

“More like when you got here.” We laughed.

“Where’s the others?”

“They’re looking for stuff to burn.”

“Fire?” I nodded. “Let’s load up the back with whatever you found. I’ll take you where you are supposed to be.” She said. we began to load the back of her black Jeep Liberty with some random pieces of desks and doors. She shut the back of her Jeep and i hopped in. She threw it into four wheel drive and we continued through the rubble.