III

~saiki kusuo~

I dare not look at her as she glares bullets into my head. If she were a psychic like I was, I could be in real danger right now.

"Saiki."

"No." Her glare gets harder at my answer as she presses a pillow closer to her chest.

"Saiki."

"No."

Her head slams onto the living room table as she makes whining sounds similar to that of a child. This wasn't the first time we've argued over study dates and I'm sure that this won't be the last time.

"I thought this was going to be a date," she said, slowly picking up the textbook to attempt another question on the homework. I can't help but take a glance at her as she begins to struggle with the equation.

I invited her over on Saturday to "hang out" purposefully forgetting to mention that homework would be involved.

"This is a date," I answered, looking back at the textbook in my lap to answer the few questions. This response earned me another side glare as she continued to look through her notes to get a better understanding of the question she was trying to answer.

"Date my foot." She muttered, getting agitated by the second. "I dressed up so nicely for this."

I wasn't really the type to care what one would wear. Clothes were clothes and considering that my x-ray vision allows me to see through people's skin, I never really took interest in that sort of stuff.

Whenever it came to spending time with her, I tried my best not to use my x-ray vision. It was because of this effort that I could see the truth within her statement.

She wore high waisted jean shorts with a crop top shirt that had the letters BNHA across the chest. Her shoes were the kind that wrapped around the calves and she topped off the outfit by putting her hair in a side ponytail. Yes, she was cute.

I scoot over to her as I glance over her shoulder to see what problem she was on. It was one of the harder problems that required you to use two equations instead of one. Patiently, I waited for her to ask for my help as she continued to write something down before erasing it again and starting over.

"Should I help you?" I finally ask, noticing that her pride wouldn't let her ask me for help.

She waited for a few minutes before silently scooting over to make space for me to sit next to her. Though it hurt her pride a little, she was willing to accept help if offered which I thought was a redeeming quality.

We spend about two hours on her homework, a majority of it involving me explaining how to use the list of equations that the teacher had given out.

"I'll go make some tea," I finally said when there were only a few more questions left. (Last Name) gave a sound of acknowledgment before going back to scribbling down one of the answers.

I head towards the kitchen and begin to levitate the appropriate utensils for making the tea. Mindlessly making the beverage, my thoughts begin to drift to my relationship with (Last Name).

In all, we've been dating for three months. I met her during my first year when we were placed in the same class. We didn't talk until the last few months of the school year when the teacher decided to do an anonymous pen pal project. I won't bore you with the details, but one thing led to another and soon we began to date.

Like the others, I can clearly read her thoughts. Not like that does any good though, considering that 90% of the time she says what's on her mind. The other 10% was when she wanted to hide something from me. When that happens, she likes to recite her times' table until I give up trying to read her mind.

One would think that by now, we would be doing more than holding hands. Well, that's wrong.

I make my way back to the living room table to see that (Name) had collapsed on the table. It was probably due to overworking her brain to get the homework finished.

Setting the cups down, I take my place next to her and watch her sleeping form. She was using her arms as pillows and with her face such at peace, it was easy to notice how thin her eyelids were in comparison to her long eyelashes.

I spend a good moment sitting there watching her before pushing her hair out her face and leaning in.

Just before I was able to do anything the front door flings open, forcing me to scoot away from her out of shock.

"Hey, Kusuo! Your dad is home!" My father said as he came into the living room, witnessing the little scene. "Oi! Kusuo! Were you about to do something to this sleeping girl!" He asked, completely shocked.

I sent a glare his way before turning towards the window, my face completely hot from the confrontation. "Shut up. You'll wake her up."

I would never admit this but if it weren't for dad bursting through the door I might have done something.

"...Good grief."