"im so sorry ."

October 1918
| jaylees pov |

it's been three years , since my love left me , i kept his promise and stayed alive , i just hope he kept mine .

im now married , to another man , but ive kept my ring that i recieved from ethan . i dont have any children as much as my new husband , derek , wanted to , i just couldnt .

i wait paitently at the train station , he is supposed to come back to me today , if he does i will divorce and go to him .

i havent heard from him since he left although i sent many many letters , but that doesnt bring my hope down .

there are many other woman here too , and a few children .

i take a big breath through my nose and out my mouth .

"12:43 Arrived"

this is it .

i watch the train as it arrives , it slows down and comes to a stop . a man steps out and many follow . woman and children rushing to the men .

i stay calm amd collected as i watch every door on the train , watching every man step out , except mine .

i look back down to my right and look far in the distance . i see a familier face .

its him

i am about to run over but i stop . my heart shatters into a million pieces .

another woman runs up to him and she kisses him as he lifts her up in the air .

"oh ethan!" she laughs and he sets her down .

anger doesnt build up in me , sadness does . i thought he was dead . i thought i-
my thoughts are cut off from the sudden eye contact i make with him .

my tears are at the edge of falling down , but i hold my crys . i stare at him for what seems like forever .

his smile dropped the minute he saw me . his new 'girl' turns around to see what he is looking at .

she finally finds what hes looking at ,

a broken girl

i turn around so fast i almost trip from my own steps .

the minute i exit the station the tears pour out .

i flinch from a hand being placed on my shoulder , i look up its a woman with tears down her face too .

"im so sorry for your loss , mine is gone too ." she sobs and walks away .

once i gather myslef together i look back at the train station and see the 'happy couple' leaving .

Hes Mine

he will always be mine at heart . i walk away and instead of going home i go back to my hold house , our old house .

i moved out of it when he left because i couldnt bear it , everything reminded me of him and if he needed me to stay alive i had to .

i still own the property , so i always keep the key with me . i walk up the familier steps opening the gate and walking up to the front door .

i take the key out of my slighly shaking hands and open the door . i walk in and take off my jacket not bothered to pick it up as i will never wear it again .

i walk up stairs , everything is still the same , his clothes are here , his medicine . thats what i need , a good dose of medicine because im sick . sick of everything .

i walk into our once shared bedroom and straight into the bathroom , i aggresively swing open the cupboard and grab the small medicine bottle .

i chuck it all down and throw the now empty pill cup acroos the room . i exit the bathroom and lie down on the bed , where him and i made love and where i die .