If I knew what happened to our souls after we die,

"Master Taehyung," Jimin calls, knocking on the art room door of the said man, a tray of food on the other hand. "I brought you your meal."

"Come in~"

With that, Jimin slowly opens the door, entering with the tray. He sets the food down on an empty table, smiling at Taehyung, who was painting something.  Approaching closer, Jimin's heart swells at the happiness exuding from Taehyung, seeing the man do what he loves. He's actually one of the new staff at the house, having worked at another one of the master's houses, so it's one of the very few times he's interacted with the son of the house. But, he's heard a lot of the man, of his kindness, love, and happiness.

"Please eat, Master Taehyung. You haven't eaten since noon, the sun's already setting," Jimin says, sounding concerned.

With surprise, Taehyung swings his head to look out the window, seeing that indeed, the sun's about to set. "So soon?"

A soft laugh escapes Jimin before he bows, "I'll be back soon to collect your tray. Eat well, Master Taehyung."

"Ah, wait! Stay there," Taehyung rushes to say as he runs around to set aside the tools and colors before taking his apron off and washing his hands. Jimin just stands still, watching the man – who, if he remembers right, is the same age as him, but far more fortunate to be born under such a family.

With a sheepish grin, Taehyung asks Jimin to sit down on a chair – the only clean chair in the room – before he gets the tray and sits on the floor, eliciting wide eyes from Jimin, who was about to stand up and offer his seat instead. "Don't, it's more comfortable on the floor. You aren't going to eat?" He asks before he takes a bite of his own.

Blinking, Jimin collects his surprised thoughts before smiling and shaking his head. "I already ate."

A sudden gleam taking over his face, Taehyung nods, then starts to eat, looking like he was thinking as he chews. After his mouth goes empty, he speaks.

"Don't call me Master, please. Just Taehyung is fine," is all he says before taking another bite.

Surprised, Jimin almost splutters, not sure if he's even allowed to follow those orders?

Jimin's discomfort visible, Taehyung smiles at him again. "Don't worry, everyone in this house calls me Taehyung, except my younger siblings, of course! They call me hyung," he adds, the love for his family evident in his eyes.

"Okay... Taehyung. Thank you," says Jimin, voice small and unsure, but if all the other staff call him that, he's allowed to as well, right?

Taehyung's smile brightens, but he doesn't say anything, continuing to eat. "Did Yoojin-noona make this?" he asks. "I thought she went home today."

"Ah... no. I made it. I realized the cook was out, that's why the food wasn't brought to you in time. I apologize," Jimin says, glowering guiltily. He wonders if he'll even get to stay in this job, already messing up within the first month.

"Oh, you did? It's really delicious," Taehyung says, voice muffled with the food in his mouth.

Heart jumping at the compliment, Jimin is quick to smile, shoulders finally going lax. "Thank you."

"Your name is Jimin, right? Park Jimin?" Taehyung suddenly starts.

"Yes." He actually knows my name? Jimin thinks, surprised. He's never directly introduced himself in front of Taehyung, so it's a little odd. I guess... he really does care about everyone here, he thinks, heart already fond.

"Of what year? Wait, you look younger than me, are you sure you shouldn't be calling me hyung?" Taehyung jokes, eyes crinkling with a smile.

Chuckling, Jimin answers. "We're actually the same age. 1995."