Chapter Forty-Two

Yoongi

  I opened the door to my house, tired from the long meeting today. As soon as I opened the door, Cheye and Jay stared at me as Cheye was reaching for the door knob. "Yoongi!" She sounded surprised. She wrapped her arms around me and hugged me tightly.

  She took me by surprise, but I still hugged her back. "I am so sorry for Jay. He's an asshole." She told me. I furrowed my eyebrows at Jay as he scoffed at me. "I'm very sorry. Have a great night. I know it's getting late, and we have to leave anyways." She gripped tightly onto Jay's hand and practically dragged him outside.

  "Bye!" She waved at me.

  I waved back and closed the door with a confused look. I shook my head at the door and then turned around, seeing the person I hadn't expected to be behind me. "Jeo- Jungkook?"

  Jungkook's eyes were red, obviously from crying, and his cheeks were red too. His eyes were puffy like little marshmallows, and he was gripping tightly onto the rail of the staircase as he looked down at me with a frown.

  "Yoongi.." He practically hopped off of the three steps from the bottom of the staircase and he ran up to me, taking me by surprise.

  Jungkook picked me up, placing his hands on the back of my thighs to lift me up and put my legs around his waist. I was so confused by his actions, but I didn't even question it at all.

  All I did was let him pick me up and hug me like there was no tomorrow. Once I finally realized that this was real, I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my face into his neck, making tears fall out of my eyes.

  It's been so long.

  It's been two weeks since Jungkook had even looked at me in this way. It's been two weeks since he's even touched me, and it's especially been that long since he's held me like this.

  I melted into his arms as he planted kisses all over my face, tears falling down his cheeks just like tears were falling down mine.

  "Min Yoongi, you're so.." He stopped to place a kiss on my forehead. I furrowed my eyebrows as he bit his lip and began bawling like a baby. "I swear to God, you're so stupid." He chuckled, placing a kiss on my nose.

  I looked into his sparkly eyes. "Jungkook, if you don't mind me asking, what the hell is going on?" I laughed and wiped my tears.

  Jungkook smiled up at me as he sat on the stairs, making me sit in his lap. "Cheye told me everything. Well- she made Jay tell me, but she still was the cause of it. She made him give me the contract, she made him tell me everything that he told you, and—" He stopped to wipe a tear away. "I'm so sorry that I was mean.."

  I furrowed my eyebrows and wiped his tears out of his eyes for him, then I pressed his face into my shoulder and stroked his hair. "Jeon," I frowned, but smiled once I realized how great my friend Cheye is. Thank God. "Jeon, you weren't mean to me at all. If anything, I was the asshole who did all the shit to make you upset. I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to hurt you, but I knew that it would hurt us either way, so I wanted you to.." I stopped.

  "To what..?" Jungkook asked me.

  I frowned. "I wanted you to hate me.."