Chapter 2: New Friends

Lucy awoke with a start. Her phone was buzzing violently on her bedside table. Groggily she picked it up and read the lovely "Wake up now if you wanna be cute" note she had attached to her repeating alarm. She felt terrible, stomach aching slightly. Maybe she should hit snooze.

But if this alarm was going off, it meant there was school. And her note was right – if she wanted to pick a super cute outfit, she needed to get up now. Gritting her teeth, she slid her finger across the screen to end the buzzing and threw herself upright before she could fall asleep again. The sudden movement sent a jolt of pain through her head. Lovely. A headache too. But it's only the second day of school – I can't miss already!

With that, she switched on her lamp. The light stung her eyes. Why did she feel so awful? She looked blankly around the room, trying to remember what happened the night before. The party. Bora. Natsu too, I think. Why was he there again? Bits and pieces floated through her mind, but it was jumbled and fleeting.

She glanced at the clock on her night stand to check the time. It was only 7:00, so still an hour before school. Maybe she should just sleep some more and give up on the outfit. Getting to pick her clothes was cool, but so was sleep. She yawned and started to lay back down when she saw the unfamiliar folded piece of notebook paper next to her clock.

Taking it and pushing herself up again, she unfolded it.

Lucy,

The doctor told me you might not remember what happened, so I figured I should leave a note just in case.

Bora invited you to his party and you decided to go. After cross country I heard some girls talking about it saying some Salamander guy was hosting, so I knew something was up and rushed over. When I got there a bunch of the girls were drugged up and stuff so I called the cops. I got you out and took you to one of them walk-in clinics. They said Bora probs used roofies, but in a pretty low dose. Said you should be fine by morning, so I took you back to your apartment. I, uh... couldn't find the key in your bag, so I had to break in through your window... sorry about that. If your landlady is mad I'll pay for it.

Anyway, hope you're okay. Doc said you'd be fine to take some ibuprofen if you need it. See you around.

Natsu

The jumbled pieces started falling into place. The party, Bora pushing her onto the bed, Natsu nailing him in the face... wait, had his fist been on fire? Couldn't have been, she thought. Must be the drugs.

Lucy gave a start. Fury started to build up in her. That dirty little...! He spiked my drink! What the hell?!

She leapt off the bed, ignoring the pangs in her forehead. That shallow, evil smooth-talker spiked my drink! After such a great first day of school! AND while I was wearing my favorite dress! She stomped into her bathroom and began furiously running a brush through her hair. Member of the drama club, my foot! She practically threw her brush back onto the counter, pulled out a toothbrush, loaded toothpaste onto it and jammed it into her mouth.

"Just wait, Bora!" she snarled through the foamy paste, "I'm going to look so hot today those fangirls of yours might just turn lesbian!"

---

Natsu lounged on the front steps of the school, eyes glued to his phone. Flamewater Circus had just posted a new behind-the-scenes video and it was loaded with good tricks. As fascinating as it was, however, it wasn't enough to hold his attention when the commotion started down by the sidewalk.