CALLING HIM

annie picked up the phone and did something she hadn't planned on doing for a long time..

"hello?" the voice said.

"asher? hi, it's annie." she said nervously shifting in her bed.

"we broke up two weeks ago, not years ago. i still have your number saved." he said trying to hold in a laugh.

"yeah about that.." she said slowly.

"if this is about getting back together.. i'd be lying if i said i didn't still love you but i think it's best for us to focus on us, but us as separate people.." he said trying his best to not sound like a dick.

"yeah no, that's not it." she laughed. "and don't even try that, i broke up with you, sweetie."

"im fully aware, im pretty sure i was there. why did we break up again?"

"because you cheated on me."

"did you call to gloat or what?"

"actually i called because i need a favor." annie said getting up from her bed and walking over to her desk.

asher sat up from his bed, now intrigued, "a favor?"

"yes. a favor." annie said getting frustrated.

"what is it?" he asked.

"okay this is gonna sound weird but..." she paused, "you remember my cousin kenzie?" she asked.

"yeah of course, she's crazy." asher blurted out.

"mkay.. well. i need you to come with me to her wedding." she mumbled the last part.

"sorry what?" asher said unable to hear her.

still mumbling she said, "i need you to go to her wedding with me."

"yeah, i still can't hear you." he said.

"can you come to the wedding with me and pretend that we are still together because my family still thinks we are and i can't bring my self to tell them that we aren't because they thought that you were the best thing that ever happened to me. please it'll only be one weekend. please." she rambled at a particularly fast rate.

"sure, no problem. just no funny business." he joked.

calming down she said, "i wasn't planning on it, i ended it remember?"

"only because you won't let me forget." he mumbled.

"what was that?" annie asked.

trying to avoid conflict he said, "uh.. i asked when it was?"

"in two weeks, in hawaii. so pack hot." annie said before hanging up.

asher put his phone down and thought, who says things like pack hot?

a.n. i think my mom said pack hot once..