Day Four of Initiation:Tobias' Point of View

Chapter 8

I wake up and look over at the alarm clock. 7:50, great. I turn to my side and Tris isn't there. Where could she be? Did she already leave to get breakfast? I hope so.

I get up and greet dressed then head downstairs to the cafeteria. I see Tris sitting soon in the corner of the cafeteria. Before I go in line to get food i go ver and give her a quick kiss.

When I get in line, I immediately notice the tray of Dauntless cake. I run over to grab that. I guess this will be my breakfast today. Not that I mind. I look back over to where Tris is sitting and notice she isn't there. She must've left. I take my cake and head to the training room.

By the time I get there, I finished my cake and the initiates are just now walking in. There are no fights today because we are going to move on to teaching the initiates how to shoot a gun.

Once all the initiates are in, Tris tells them to follow her and I outside to the shooting range.

There are only 5 flights of stairs. This is good for me because I still haven't completely woken up.

Once we arrive, the initiates all grab a gun, and I step over to teach them the proper way to shoot.

"Ok initiates, stand with your feet apart, gun held up to your shoulder, and inhale, exhale and shoot."

"Simple enough." Justin says.

"Well, Justin, it won't be so simple when you are in the middle of a fight."

He doesn't say anything after that. Good choice.

Mariah is purposely having trouble so I will come help her. I have seen her staring at me when I am explaining proper technique. She likes me, but I don't like her. At all. Tris is my girlfriend and I would never leave her. Ever. I just wish she would understand that.

Tris then goes over to help Mariah. She then rolls her eyes. Tris must've seen her eyes roll because she starts questioning her.

"Why did you just roll your eyes?"

"I didn't."

"Um, yes you did I just saw you."

"No I didn't."

"Your lying. You probably weren't cut out for Candor."

I tried so hard to resist a laugh when she said that.

"Did you not want me to help you or something?"

"I didn't need help."

"Yes you did. Oh, you wanted Four to help you right?" Tris says, sarcastically.

"Fine. Yes."

"Yeah, next time it happens, it won't be pretty. Get back to shooting."

Mariah then gets back to shooting with no trouble.

Tris walks over to me and says,

"I knew she liked you."

"Me too."

"Well, I like you more." She says then kisses me.

When we pull apart, all the initiates are staring at us. Well, at least they know we are dating now.

I look at my watch and it is time for them to go.

"Initiates, training is over for today. Please head back down and go look at the board for your rankings before you leave."

The initiates all leave. Tris and I just stand there fora while before she says anything.

"What do you wanna for the rest of the day?"

"Do you wanna go on a picnic?"

"Sure!"

After this we walk back to our apartment and I pack a basket. As soon as we get to the cafeteria, I hear a scream.

--------------------END--------------------

Hey guys! Sorry about the cliffhanger! Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed reading about the initiates!

Thanks!

-Xrachel4646X