Chapter 1

Location: Nainital, Uttarakhand

It was one of the cool days of October. The clock hung on the lamp post beside a road struck six thirty and a Man in his mid-20s was covering few rounds of the park in his joggers.

His long hairs, reaching just above his shoulders were flying against the wind. His ears were covered with big headphones. Anyone can tell that the weather and the Man can be a perfect combination.

He stopped on his track and lifted his gaze up to see how the sky is changing colours within seconds. Some of the clouds were moulded in the shape like they were smiling. He blinked his eyes a few times when he heard his phone ringing.

Hello! Yeah? Okay I am coming in an hour. You just keep everything prepared. He hung up the call and head towards his home which is situated by a small and beautiful lake.

____________________________________

As he enters the main gate, He saw his beloved grandfather was sitting in the garden, on a white chair sipping his morning tea while reading newspaper.

Good Morning Nanu. He said while bending down for taking his blessings.

Good morning Sameer. You are late today. Don't you have office today? His grandfather asked him.

I do. It's just the weather was so peaceful today so I didn't realize where the time went. I'll just go get ready and will meet you at the breakfast table. He told his grandfather and went inside.

Sameer Jaiprakash Maheshwari. A 26 years old man who runs his grandfather's business, third generation. Though he was born with silver spoon but he never took that for an advantage. And he wholeheartedly accepted whatever opportunities he has gotten over the years.

Before him, his mother used to handle the company with her father but after that, the responsibility came onto Sameer's shoulder.

Living with his mother and grandfather has been the biggest blessing for him. Vishaka Maheshwari, his mother and Jaiprakash Maheshwari, his grandfather.

___________________________________

Sameer came out of his car all dressed in black three piece suit, black shades. Several women were just drooling over him and he was aware of that but didn't responded as always and entered inside the elevator.

Today is a very important meeting. Tell the team to gather in the conference room, quickly. I don't want any delay. They have 20 minutes.

He ordered one of the employee who was with him in the elevator.

As soon as he entered into his cabin, he saw two of his best friends looking at him in anger with one holding a vase and other, a pen stand. He sighs at their childish act, went and sat down on his chair fixing his hair.

What has happened to you guys? He asked.

Why you came so late? This has never happened before. You have no idea how worried we were. One of his best friend said in a very dramatic way.

You guys have phones remember? Could've called me. Sameer smirks at them.

Eh! Just wanted some drama. His other best friend said while keeping the vase back to its original place.

Sameer sighs and looked at them. Manoj and Pushpendra aka Munna and Pandit respectively. These three are childhood buddies. They grew up together, went to the same school and university.

They have to stay apart when Sameer decided to continue his studies abroad. And now, they all are back, working in the same company under Sameer but his two best friends are no less than brothers to him. They both are equally loved by his grandfather and mother.

Munna-Pandit! C'mon, lets discuss the draft for the meeting before we go to the conference room. Sameer advices them.

____________________________________

Once the meeting got over, the trio was finally having their lunch in Sameer's cabin. out of nowhere, a girl enters in his cabin without taking his permission. The sulking faces of Munna and Pandit were enough to tell that this is not going to end well.

Hey Sameer! Good to see you. How you've been? She asks him, taking a seat beside him which irks him a lot.

He is all good Sunaina. Can't you see? He is perfect. Manoj winked at Sameer and he shook his head.

What do you want Sunaina? How many times I have told you not to come in my office. We could talk on the phone. I don't like breaking the rules and you broke two today. Sameer's cold voice boomed in the cabin. Sunaina's face turned pale and all red in anger with the humiliation she faced just now.

Oh god! Its not necessary to come only when I have some important things to discuss. I can come whenever I want. Her voice held a hint of seduction which disgusts Sameer.

Listen! I want to have my meal in peace so please, leave now. You would not like if I will raise my voice. Sameer's straightforward reply was enough to finally shut her up. She hurriedly ran out of his cabin and the trio sighs in relief.

She is so annoying. You can't even fire her. Her Dad would take his shares back and for few months we can't risk it. Pandit said while the rest hummed.

____________________________________

Time: 9PM

Sameer returns from work and saw his Nanaji waiting for him in the hall. He knew he will be waiting for him and hasn't had his dinner yet.

You came Son, that too this late. why you weren't picking up my calls? Nanu softly asked him.

Nanu! I was driving and you only has instructed me by saying, don't use phone while driving. Sameer said while taking his seat on the recliner.

Nanaji smiles a little and asks him to freshen up and come down for dinner. He nodded and left. Meanwhile their house-help Ramdhari arranges the table for them.

_________________________________________________________________

Here is the first chapter and a glimpse of Sameer Jaiprakash Maheshwari's life.

I hope you will enjoy the story. Do leave your reviews.

Happy reading

Love

Rashi